Dirty Hoods

j hancock

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

Dirty old hood just sitting around needing a cleaning bad. Waiting for temp to cool down in a month or so, to get out and blow a little smoke, about 110* today.

Does that say E9-1200? Does it really have 1200 hp?

16 hours ago, j hancock said:

For years Rolls-Royce would say the HP rating for their vehicles was "adequate". 

The HP rating on your Cobra must be "Adequate Plus"!

RR has alway been Adequate in every way, maybe some day I'll drive one, maybe never own one.

No.... HP Rated "Just About Enough" and detuned at that, down to about 1000HP at the crank. There are but VERY few places to crack it open due to street conditions, like the boys in blue, without drawing BIG attention. I got a CDL to worry about too. License Plate reads "Venomis" Misspelled but we only have 7 digits to work with in AZ.

Funny but no one can USE that kind of HP in the car or truck that was 1000HP at crank or to the wheels. BUT it is nice to know that it is there if ever needed.... 👍

Edited by AZB755V8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, j hancock said:

Especially if the road is damp!!  Not much of an issue in AZ most times.

My mistress from about 20 years ago.  ERA FE 427 SO with Toploader and Jag rear.  A hell of a ride and I am glad she is gone.

No damp roads here but oil at intersections is a big issue. If it rains it is like ice starting and STOPPING.

Yes, a Cobra can get out of hand in a split second, that is what makes them fun and a hand full in any configuration. Not for the faint of heart to be behind the wheel. Have had people (women) screaming from first gear on and getting out with a smile on their faces and shaking, no wet seat yet but said close! That was after having them strapped in with a racing harness.  This all under 75MPH and in third gear of course.

2 hours ago, h67st said:

AZB, is the Cobra body fiberglass? Is it chrome? It sure looks like it.

The Cobra body is polished aluminum with brushed strips. Same material as the original ones built in the 60's. Kirkham Motorsports in Utah has the bodies and frames roughed built in Poland. They then finish the rest here in the USA the customer has to supply the engine. Copper and Bronze bodies are options but way more money and 400lbs plus heavier. This car is a little over weight with that engine at 2600lbs. Fuel adds 270 more plus me. It ends up about 3lbs per HP for power to weight ratio. 

Edited by AZB755V8
  • Like 2

The LTL is a piece of art! Haven't seen one of those turn signals with the arrows and the little visors in 60 yrs! Let alone chromed! Speaking of "Off the wall tranny combos" I used to know a guy with a F 350 hotshot tractor that he swapped in a 5.9 Cummins with a ten speed road ranger! First time I've ever seen a Ford pickup with a ten speed "ranger" he had a little electric air compressor to run the range selector!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...