68-f-model

f-model windshield gaskets

Any leads or suggestions on where I can get a windshield weather strip and lock strip?

Thus far my searching has found infinite r model gaskets but none for the f-model.

thanks

I know on the don't break the windshields.  I have a tiny chip in the drivers and it is worrying me.  I had to search quite a while to find a good  replacement for the all chipped and cracked passenger window.

I think the main difference between the F-model and the R-model is  the cab is  considerably wider.   I may have to break down and buy two R-model gaskets and splice together enough width.

The width is definitely different between the two.

Getting creative with 2 R model gaskets may be the way to go.

Might also check with a PAI dealer.  They make various aftermarket Mack items.

Don't know how much would it help but CF-model firetruck utilizes the same windshields as a F-model do. So might worth checking in with firetruck guys.

Thought I had " F " model parts book but don't. P/N# 25RU47AP1 pretty sure the lock is same as R / U / DM. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, 68-f-model said:

Any leads or suggestions on where I can get a windshield weather strip and lock strip?

Thus far my searching has found infinite r model gaskets but none for the f-model.

thanks

Have you contacted Watt's?

Yes I sent an email to  watt's and I am just waiting to hear back.

I will look into the CF  fire truck gaskets as well.

On 5/23/2018 at 3:31 PM, 68-f-model said:

thanks

If you haven’t had any luck finding anything, contact Matt at restorationspecialties.com as they have hundreds of window and windshield rubbers and may have something close to what you need. I needed new vent window rubbers for the 74 Brockway I’m restoring so I inquired if he had anything close to what I needed. He asked me to email him pictures and sizes of what I had, and they actually had something nearly identical to what I needed. Just a suggestion, maybe they have something close to the F model.

Edited by youngstown.bulldog80
corrected font errors
  • Like 1

Try Pat Walsh in Wakefield Mass.  781-246-3266   He is a great old guy with a wealth of knowledge and a huge supply of parts.

He also can make any vent window rubber.

Edited by Mike Stormo
add info

Have a CF600 that I am parting out but I would think that the widshield gaskets are pretty hard