Pressure in expansion tank

1 hour ago, Mackpro said:

Back in 2009/2010, I had finally lost all patience in working on the MP engine family and went job hunting. Got at interview at a large local Toyota dealership. They asked me why I wanted to work at Toyota. I said , " Toyota makes a great product that is very reliable and any issues are quickly corrected and it would be great to work for a corporation that truly strives to put the best product out there that they can".  Then the interview guy asked " Why do you want to quit where your at?". I said  " Just write down the opposite of everything I said about Toyota ." He gave me a funny look. 

Lol, I DID quit the dealership in July 2010. I was sick of getting 0.3 hours warranty time to change a thermostat in a flat rate shop. But mainly because 2008 had damaged us. Bad economy + bad MP emissions showing = Lost Foreman position, cut my entire shift, they fired all my guys (some excellent mechanics) and I had to go back on floor. Writings on the wall.

Now it’s following me.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record..... the MP8/D13 is actually an engine made for under 350HP. They are in denial back at Corporate HQ. We will be getting our third D13J two months from now. Cup/injector/hard start free. Never pulled an injector, Haven’t even bought the tools yet. One did two years in the 24/7 position and the damn thing runs like a charm@17,000 hours. All derated are to 330HP. 

Guess what machine will probably come in with a miss tomorrow because I can’t keep my mouth shut. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackpro said:

Back in 2009/2010, I had finally lost all patience in working on the MP engine family and went job hunting. Got at interview at a large local Toyota dealership. They asked me why I wanted to work at Toyota. I said , " Toyota makes a great product that is very reliable and any issues are quickly corrected and it would be great to work for a corporation that truly strives to put the best product out there that they can".  Then the interview guy asked " Why do you want to quit where your at?". I said  " Just write down the opposite of everything I said about Toyota ." He gave me a funny look. 

That's funny....

Ironically, Toyota owns Hino I believe.

They make a very reliable product. They can be a pain in the ass to work on at times but a close friend owns a Hino Service dealer. Very seldom does a valve cover come off. Seem like they will be into the class 8 market this year...should be interesting. Hino Canada has been very responsive to customer issues. They build some of them here in Woodstock Ontario at the Toyota plant.

Come on 
Pro your just sore cause you drew the short straw on the gray vs red engine job admit IT! :loldude:

Seriously we used to sell Hino Very reliable and so on How ever They leaned how to price parts from the Volvo Guys! I ts industry wide I suppose !

Edited by fjh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fjh said:

Come on 
Pro your just sore cause you drew the short straw on the gray vs red engine job admit IT! :loldude:

Seriously we used to sell Hino Very reliable and so on How ever They leaned how to price parts from the Volvo Guys! I ts industry wide I suppose !

Lol , yep! I got the bottom end done and the head on . I'll send tomorrow on the cam, rockers , upper rear timing cover and injectors. Hopefully I'll be test driving Friday. Had 3 pistons with broken rings , did all 6 cylinders . We have seen several early MP7's do this . 

• 2 years later...

I have a 2013 volvo 780 with a d13 replaced egr cooler and thermostat and one cup and injector and reservoir cap and everytime im in a hard pull i loose a gallon of antifreeze so i took overflow tube and have it stuck in a gallon jug and catching what im loosing  but after 13000 dollars kind of frustrating