Bus/truck accident in NJ.

Freightrain

Rant ON:

I'm sure most have heard about this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-jersey-school-bus-crash-driver-illegal-u-turn-officials-say/

By the first pictures yesterday it looked odd.   I was having problems coming up with a scenario that made sense in how it all happened.  Then today it is stated the driver made a U turn on the highway??  Really??  How stupid can you get?  My suspicions were right, there is a turn around directly behind  where the bus is sitting.   They basically pulled out in front of a loaded dump truck!   Ya, that would make the body fall off the chassis!

After almost getting run over by a bus last week coming to work on my Harley, it just burns my ass who they have driving anymore.   Just as clueless as ever.   "They" seem to have a complex when they get behind the wheel, and figure they are king of the road and you will bow to them.  Or they think they are just driving a minivan and not a 45ft long bus.  Just last summer I re-sodded a portion of my yard, and some of it was along the street and around the corner.  Come school time, the bus decided it didn't want to swing out and they started driving through my yard and continued all winter.  I put metal fence posts up to mark it and the very next day they were flattened into the dirt.  I just finally pulled them straight, painted them RED and some how they realized they might not be driving on the road.   Been a week now and the post are still up?  Of course school is out in a few weeks.  I'll have 3 months to get some grass back in.

Beside women in minivans, school bus drivers are right up on my list of "Most hated".  

Rant OFF.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Freightrain wondered about the details on that accident! We had a school bus driver who cut me off in the neighborhood 3 times when I was taking my grandkids to school,I finally called their safety dept. They must have reprimanded her as she made the turn safely from then on! I watched the driving habits of their fleet ever since and have no complaints on their driving,unlike those of the general public!

I live right down the road from where this happened.  This was a stupid decision on the part of the bus driver.  The emergency turn in the median is very large and I've seen many a cars do a uturn. I would never have expected a school bus to try that though.  The company  who operates the dump truck are notorious for being over weight and driving like maniacs. They cut in and out of traffic like race cars. So it was poor judgment on both ends here and a lot of kids are suffering for it. 

This accident really breaks my heart. 

945 am today, i saw a red T-800 weaving in and out of traffic at a very high rate of speed.

over 70 in a 50 mph zone type of high speed. got along side of me and i saw Mendez.

you would think after a company truck was in a multiple fatal accident the day before those aswholes would get an idea and drive safer.

nope!!!

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

5 hours ago, tjc transport said:

945 am today, i saw a red T-800 weaving in and out of traffic at a very high rate of speed.

over 70 in a 50 mph zone type of high speed. got along side of me and i saw Mendez.

you would think after a company truck was in a multiple fatal accident the day before those aswholes would get an idea and drive safer.

nope!!!

Hire bottom feeders and screw ups as contract workers, pay lowest percentage possible per load, push for the highest number of loads for minimum money, add the threat of being docked your percentage or fired for not running your a$$ off and this is what you get.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

44 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Hire bottom feeders and screw ups as contract workers, pay lowest percentage possible per load, push for the highest number of loads for minimum money, add the threat of being docked your percentage or fired for not running your a$$ off and this is what you get.    Paul

Oh so they are taking the swift approach to driver recruitment then eh? 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

7 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Oh so they are taking the swift approach to driver recruitment then eh? 

yup. if you can get in the cab,figure out how to start the engine and push the button on the auto trans shifter to get it in gear, you  got a job.

9 hours ago, gxbxc said:

they are hauling by the load ,only time and number of loads matter to them

7 hours ago, 41chevy said:

exactly. most of these companies pay $200 per day, usually cash, and the drivers average 14 hours per day.

we have a big problem with these guys here in Jersey. 

Mendez was the company involved this round.

D.I.R.T. is the "Swift" of the dump truck industry, then have wrecked over 174 brand new trucks in the past 3 years,  and the owner was arrested twice last year for toll evasion as he was trying to leave the country for vacation first time was christmas eve,  grabbed at the airport for owing over 2 million in unpaid EZ Pass tolls. claimed it was an oversight. 

second time 6 months later same thing. over 2 million in unpaid EZ Pass tolls again. 

only this time one of his ex drivers told the cops he told them to go through the EZ Pass lanes and don't worry about not having EZ Pass. 

our other headaches are a bunch of south americans who run for the quarries. but they have gotten a lot better about safety and upkeep of the trucks over the past few years.   the drivers are still animals who will run over a car if it gets in their way though. 

Edited by tjc transport

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I know two companys like that now in dump trucking.The drivers or some of them and all of their trucks is what makes the public look up at us with so much hate.Here we have a well balanced like/hate drivers in four wheels.One may cut you off and the next one will go out of their way to help you.

glenn akers

Well NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt covered this accident tonight and the big story was seat belts. While this was the focus of the story, and they acknowledged NJ has them, they did mention in a "by the way" fashion that the bus driver had something like 8 speeding conviction.  

Absolutely NO MENTION of the unbelievable CAUSE of this accident. So much for meaningful reporting.

I don't know if the school bu was operated by the school district or a private bus contractor but heads should roll in whatever management oversaw this operation.

1 minute ago, Red Horse said:

Well NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt covered this accident tonight and the big story was seat belts. While this was the focus of the story, and they acknowledged NJ has them, they did mention in a "by the way" fashion that the bus driver had something like 8 speeding conviction.  

Absolutely NO MENTION of the unbelievable CAUSE of this accident. So much for meaningful reporting.

I don't know if the school bu was operated by the school district or a private bus contractor but heads should roll in whatever management oversaw this operation.

heard that his license had been suspended 14, YES 14 times, besides the speeding

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

3 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Classic reporting.....

was paging through stations and heard public radio doing a long ditty on how little was being done to protect/train disabled students for active shooter scenarios. When a ship is sinking some knucklehead will jump in to comment on the color of it’s paint.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Surprising the driver wasn't a convicted Felon AND multiple DUI recipient?   SMFH!

The news only wants to put down the President, they won't smear a real worthless SOB that tried to kill a bus load of kids!!!

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 5/18/2018 at 12:02 PM, Freightrain said:

Rant ON:

My turn to rant......

Only two school systems in our county, so maybe 20-30 buses. They hire idiots, plain and clear, no discernment between the ears that a sex predator is going to want this job.

Since the beginning of this year (2018) in this county....recall....Only two bus services....only two school systems

http://www.waow.com/story/37256976/2018/01/Friday/lincoln-county-bus-driver-accused-of-making-threats-to-children

https://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/news/2018/05/16/tomahawk-ex-bus-driver-charged-child-abduction-allowed-out-bond/616914002/

I worked for 6 months with this guy on a construction job in 1995, he was "pure-form" weird. If you ate lunch and talked for 10 minutes you would know he was not playing with a full deck.......Another Lincoln county score.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/School_bus_driver_accused_of_sexting_boy_147452335.html

Rant off.... 

Edited by Mack Technician