Sign in to follow this  
megatron

A/C not working

Hi everyone, I have 05 Mack CXN613 and A/C quit working, after I check all fuses notice that APADS lights not coming on at all so I'm not sure how to check that component because green wire is powered when I turn A/C on is there something I'm missing, also I don't have fuse guide in my outer fusebox cover and not sure what fuse is for what, if anybody knows plz let me know it's hot in this cab 😩

Edited by megatron

Voltage to the APADS also comes from fuse 41 ( 15a )  down the red wire, but before it gets there it runs through the Freon  high pressure switch connector. Also check the APADS ground.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, as I said before I don't have fuse numbers it's missing, there is one fuse in outer box that is not powered. is 41 in box on the firewall??

1 hour ago, Macktech689 said:

Voltage to the APADS also comes from fuse 41 ( 15a )  down the red wire, but before it gets there it runs through the Freon  high pressure switch connector. Also check the APADS ground.

I'm sure there is no voltage in red wire

Fuse 41 is in the EPDM outside on the firewall, it's a mini fuse, right side 3rd from the top. Marked fan clutch 15a. If that is the fuse with no power, it comes off power relay #3 inside the cab behind the glove box area.

Fuse have power if right info, checked all wire between fuse and HP sensor no any voltage 

Look like the problem is somewhere between fuse and conector to A/C system. I checked everything around that I can see. Now I have yellow light on with 4-2 message and I know that's fan output. If it's not somewhere in harness than don't know where else to look. I run another wire to power APADS and it's start working normally, but 4-2 didn't go away so I hope I'm wrong, as I see the problem is hiding in the harness, where...?? God know. I'm on the road now and don't have tools to trace problem, or you have better idea 💡 

Edited by megatron

The fan and a/c are tied together.  I have the viscous fan and did everything I could to work around it and nothing worked until I replaced the viscous fan clutch.