Parking vintage semi at your house.

dont feel bad coming along nice....my garage is still not done but almost..been 2 years since i started..down to the last finishing touches...think i still got maybe 6-8 hours left.lotta work..got an electrician lined up for estimate...still got too much (temporary) shit piled up in it to put the mack in.lol.but it will all be squared away eventually...atleast your almost undercover,,and out of the weather,,and nosy neighbors...bob

On 10/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, mowerman said:

dont feel bad coming along nice....my garage is still not done but almost..been 2 years since i started..down to the last finishing touches...think i still got maybe 6-8 hours left.lotta work..got an electrician lined up for estimate...still got too much (temporary) shit piled up in it to put the mack in.lol.but it will all be squared away eventually...atleast your almost undercover,,and out of the weather,,and nosy neighbors...bob

You know once the stuff is put in "temporary" is grows roots to be permanent.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, Freightrain said:

LOL!!

My 2 dr hot rod is a great workbench!!  With that big, flat trunk lid it gets piled with lots of stuff.  Then it all gets moved to somewhere else when I want to drive the car.  Ugh...I need a bigger garage LMAO!!!

The Mack isn't far behind, as stuff gets piled on the back of it randomly.   Again, all has to be moved when I need to get the truck out.

years ago i hadda 49 ford,,,,and at one point i had so much shit stacked on it,,,you could even tell there was a car under all that stuff...bob

On 11/3/2019 at 6:35 PM, 68-f-model said:

Got 1 row of  9.  1500 lumen can lights wired up.   I think when the other three are wired in I should have more then enough light .

08A59CB7-483A-4510-9848-24D580C7C5C2.jpeg

82F86F7A-3813-46C4-9D56-67A966837B1B.jpeg

Careful on those 2x's that the garage door tracks hang from, they should have a diagonal brace to hold them from swaying. If they away, it'll pull the wheels out of the doors and drop it on your head. I'd have run the 2x's past the collar tie and put diagonals in above the collar tie to maintain headroom.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I plan additional bracing to the sides.  It is a yellow pine 2x6 right now and will have a 2x6 brace v ‘d off each side.  The sides mounts near the wall will just go horizontal to the rafter above with a 2x6   But can you sketch out what you described.🤔

One more row of lights wired in only two more to go. 

788F2C5D-EF39-439E-8A05-5A8327DDBE7E.jpeg

Edited by 68-f-model
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 68-f-model said:

Had my brother and dad out to help put up the back peak section after thanksgiving dinner.  

Much better now that it isn’t a wind tunnel anymore.

It's amazing how quick all those drafts go away when you plug up the holes. Same thing when I built my barn that top section is the worst to get up there and sealed. If a good dinner is all it took to get a little work out them you got off cheap.

When you going to start working on stuff and not on the building or is this side just for storage?