Parking vintage semi at your house.

I’m glad I live where I do, when we were putting the L on a trailer to take it to the shop all our neighbors came by disappointed asking if we were selling it, luckily all turned to smiles when we explained were taking her to put some more life into that old 707 she’s got.

Only time anyone’s ever complained was the neighbors who told people to park in our lawn to visit their yard sale and tore down a sign saying no parking... long story short there was soon a Ford fire engine screaming down the road spewing black smoke as it passed their house and the next day their garbage cans were full and smelled strongly of burnt diesel... we haven’t had any issues since! The neighborhood kids still drop their jaws whenever they hear the exhaust whistle screaming and a loud rumble come their way...

It’s a shame not everyone can see these things the way these kids and old folk do...

I’ve never seen a smile brighter than when we pulled up beside an old man in his 50s model convertible Corvette in a 1953 Mack Firetruck! Those moments right there make everything worth it...

• Like 2

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

On 8/9/2019 at 10:51 PM, 41chevy said:

Where our farm is in Riverhead Long Island the local code enforcement now uses drones to find violations. I have none. . . yet, but a few years ago my neighbor rototilled a design for the drones, apparently it will never go away til they plow and replant a large section.

It's pretty sad when they have enough time on their hands to hunt for silly code violations to ding folks on. My neighbor's yard looks like a trash heap and they don't bother her.

• Like 1

The laws vary by state, county or even city, when it comes to the government looking at private property.

I have been told by multiple sources that in California the government is not allowed to use aerial photos, drones or looking over a fence unless there has been a complaint or they have legal probable cause. To a certain extent this is for the privacy of the hollywood types.

It’s my personal opinion that HOAs are unconstitutional because they’re designed specifically to regulate OTHER people’s personal property, and don’t even get me started on how I can’t fathom the legality of forcing someone to be a part of an HOA if YOU own the property... but that’s just my two sense...

And HOA's tend to be run by people that want to get in everyone else's business. Court cases against HOA's are fun especially when they find out that they are operating outside there CCandR's and are liable. Working for them is a joke, they go lowest bid and want items that are not in the contract or they won't pay.
  • Like 2

HOA's are the extreme of zoning regulations.  For people that DEMAND to be held to a higher standard.  I get it, to a point.  I don't want to live next to a total slob(in a city sized lot), but I don't want someone sniffing around if I leave a car parked outside overnight or telling me what color to paint my house.

Before moving out on my own, the last place we were at didn't have HOA, but it was an older allotment with "rules".   We tried to bring a small shed in and the neighbor behind us comes out yelling and waving an old paper saying "no outbuildings".   We told him that if he went around and told all the other people in the neighborhood to get rid of their sheds, we would.  That ended that.  Our original deed stated "no vehicles parked outside overnight".  Too bad, there were 3 vehicles and a one car garage.  We didn't have any real problems for the time we lived there.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The two will be connected with a 10 wide x 9 tall  sliding barn door (split 5x9 doors) that roll on tracks in between the two buildings walls.  You can see the header for it in the new building right hand wall.

That keeps the heat and a/c in the smaller end of the barn.  Also I don’t have to go out in the snow to get the the taller end 🙂

The two will be connected with a 10 wide x 9 tall  sliding barn door (split 5x9 doors) that roll on tracks in between the two buildings walls.  You can see the header for it in the new building right hand wall.
That keeps the heat and a/c in the smaller end of the barn.  Also I don’t have to go out in the snow to get the the taller end [emoji846]

Right on man looks like it’s coming along right nicely.....bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Going to be a nice shop! 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 4 weeks later...