EEU EFU EGU EHU EMU EQU wanted

da_bears86

Hey there, I want to buy 2 of these cabs to marry together. Or if someone has the rare double cab model I would like that also. Please send pics. I am interested in all types even complete rebuilds. This is for a project that my boys and I are ready to start. Thanks for your help locating!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

da_bears86 

this guy has something like what you want...

3 ton twin screw, 4 speed gas, complete frame off restoration, 90% complete, only known working quad cab snub nose with 4 doors that actually open to have survived. Originally was a lighting truck shipped to Poland to an air base during German bomber raids. Price: $50,000 or best offer!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/d/1939-mack-model-efu/6737609591.html

00k0k_k9OTvq64hBG_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

I have a stupid twin screw story.

I had just gotten my CDL and was looking for work and I found this temp agency. They sent me to, I think it was Martin. It was a demolition company in Indiana. 

Anyway, one day I'm in my tractor with the full size dump trailer getting loaded with metal to take to the scrap yard and I get stuck. So I pushed what I will always call 'the joy button' and proceeded to get un-stuck. Super cool. Made the whole job worth it. I swear I think about it a few times a year now two decades later. There is more to the story but it's late so I skipped a bit.

Anyway, I was only there a month when I got hired by another company and a year later I was a full time computer programmer. Sadly, I haven't even seen a 'joy button' since. In fact, I regret that I can't remember what it looked like. I swear it was a button but I don't know.

If I could afford to pay $50k, I would buy this truck because it is awesome. But I would make it my daily driver in hope that someday I would get stuck.  

Edited by justintocci
  • Like 1

That's a Mack model NB-1 searchlight truck (basically a modified civilian EEU). The US Army purchased 368 units. It was rated at 2.5 tons cross-country and 5.0 tons on-road. They were built in 1939 with 253-cubic inch 77-horsepower Continental "FO" L-head engines. They had a 50mph top speed, 24' 10" overall length , 172" wheelbase, 15,630lb weight fully loaded and rode on 7.00x20 tires.

The other two members of the US Army's searchlight trio of the 1939-1940 period were the Federal model 75K131 and GMC model AFWX 354-10A.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, justintocci said:

I have a stupid twin screw story.

I had just gotten my CDL and was looking for work and I found this temp agency. They sent me to, I think it was Martin. It was a demolition company in Indiana. 

Nobody who reads this is going to know me but I can be... let's say, "difficult".

------snip------

That button must have been the differential lock. I don't think a truck as old as this one would have it (my '59 doesn't). The front drive has a power divider so both axles drive all the time.

12 hours ago, j hancock said:

Here is a picture of the above green quad cab when it was with a previous owner.  Sorry for the picture quality.

Mack E Quad Cab.JPG

Kemp?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 11/6/2018 at 9:35 PM, 41chevy said:

Kemp?

No Kemp connection that I know of. 

Fellow in Mass. had the truck and my recollection is that he got it from a well drilling outfit that had used it or was planning on mounting equipment for the trade.  Then about 15 years ago, the quad cab found a new home in Redding, CT where it is now for sale.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Superdog said:

yeah if they'd go to a good home

I’m interested in giving one a good home and a chance to get on the road again, just about done with my latest project and looking to start another. I’m new to your forum and not sure how to send you a private message with my contact info so if you want to message me I’ll get you my E-mail and you can give me the details.

Thanks,

Jim   

• 2 years later...