Corrupting My Son

Good to see another get their teeth into it. Always nice to have an interested helper. Lots can get done that way but I never did long term.

Old air start solenoid valves and such were very good quality given what they had to endure. Not unusual for residual air pressure to remain for several months but years is very good. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mine did well for its first winter.   It went 2-3 months before dropping off too low to crank.  I hoped it would go all winter,  but to no avail.  Not sure if it was just the cold or valving?  It's all new.  Or maybe just one of the fittings isn't totally sealed?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You might tell him it's easier on the hands with the chain wrapped around your waist to pull them. Don't let the wife know how the rust stain got into the clothes though.....

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mine did well for its first winter.   It went 2-3 months before dropping off too low to crank.  I hoped it would go all winter,  but to no avail.  Not sure if it was just the cold or valving?  It's all new.  Or maybe just one of the fittings isn't totally sealed?

Are used to get around a year till it drops too low to start but that was a few years back when I first put the parts in all brand new now it’s good for a few months only bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, yarnall said:

We can't get my H613 to hold air in the starter tank unless be drain the brake tank. What are your plans for that H67?   Mike. 

The cab is completely gone on that one, there are almost as many holes as intact sheet metal. I'm robbing parts off of it to restore my tandem.

My supply tanks only hold for an afternoon at best.  Likely the air wiper switch(again).  I put a new o ring in it years ago and it really helped with holding air for a day.   It was shorted lived.  I just had to put a new parking valve in, and I think that has helped a bit now too.

One time last summer I lost my start tank in a few days.  I think there must have gotten some junk in the check valve going to the tank and it bled off quickly.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"