Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Cleaning on the shop some more:

I'm in need of a rear cab support bracket for a RS if you have one you want to part with.

What motor is that?

866 V8. It runs very well and strong. Just was putting coolant in the pan. This is the truck I'm needing a p/s pump for as it had "Air-O-Matic" steering but the cylinder and torque link were no good.

3 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

I'm in need of a rear cab support bracket for a RS if you have one you want to part with.

I don't yet. I do have a truck out west that is wrecked and it is an RS-797ST I've yet to retrieve. I'll get in touch here sometime.

Do you have one broken, or is yours non existent? My trucks local are all RL series and I don't know if they are the same as the RS series having a steel frame.

Edited by Rob

Its for my superliner it has an aluminum frame its non existent somewhere down the line another mount was made or jury rigged I need the whole thing. I have a Hayward superliner 1 I should have said that instead of RS but I want to put a factory mount under it again. 

6 minutes ago, ranchhopper said:

Its for my superliner it has an aluminum frame its non existent somewhere down the line another mount was made or jury rigged I need the whole thing. I have a Hayward superliner 1 I should have said that instead of RS but I want to put a factory mount under it again. 

Air ride or standard?

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Air ride or standard?

Standard

Understand. Wasn't the aluminum framed truck you busted up a while back having the correct rear cab mount? I want to be sure we're comparing apples to apples. I can photo a rear mount on one of my RL-797LST's today when out to the shop.

Do you have the parts that actually bolt to the frame, or is this mount one piece? I'm trying to figure out "why" your original mount is gone unless converting to air ride, or back to rubber in the past.

Also, what are you inner frame dimensions and frame rail height?

Edited by Rob

5 hours ago, Brycee23 said:

Love your R7s Rob just don' see many here in central IL

Not anymore for sure. Most know my place from the trucks sitting around.

Thanks,

11 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

Standard

What style do you need?

First photo is from  a 1973, and 1974 is the same. The second photo is my R-795S with elevated cab. Third is my 78 RL-755LST.

20180420_134936_resized.jpg

20180420_135025_resized.jpg

20180420_135138_resized.jpg

When I lose things it's usually small stuff I put in a safe place so I know where it is when I need it.  

• Like 1

rob    I`d say you need to hire at least 4 full time mechanics or  you`re going to run out of things to work on  :D

I was hoping I could help him go clean.  

It's amazing, (even to me) how much crap I've stuffed into that building in 10 years since closing the business.

I'm not to the 50% point yet either. Think I needed to retire sooner than I did.....

This all started to categorize, locate, and place  items from one truck together rather than being scattered as they are now. I've got two 2nd story storage areas stuffed full of parts too I haven't got to yet along with the back 1/2 of the building. Sweeping the floor I'm finding concrete that hasn't seen the light of day for years. Damned slow going for sure but I'll get there.

Edited by Rob

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, Rob said:

What style do you need?

First photo is from  a 1973, and 1974 is the same. The second photo is my R-795S with elevated cab. Third is my 78 RL-755LST.

20180420_134936_resized.jpg

20180420_135025_resized.jpg

20180420_135138_resized.jpg

The first one is whats on there now I have a 79 truck I was told the third one pictured is what my truck should have I didn't think the first one was a factory mount I guess I'm wrong but would like to get the right one for the truck.

Call Mack as they will have the breakdown of what the truck was actually built with. I do that a lot although parts are NLA you can at least verify what is supposed to be there. The most common I've seen through the years is referenced in photo 1.

24 minutes ago, ranchhopper said:

The first one is whats on there now I have a 79 truck I was told the third one pictured is what my truck should have I didn't think the first one was a factory mount I guess I'm wrong but would like to get the right one for the truck.

ranchhopper, Just in case you didn't know the Superliner mount looks the same as the RS mount but they are not the same. Both the My RS795LST and my RWL721LST have the same style of mount you are looking for but the Superliner one is taller than the RS. They also made 2 different syles of the Superliner 1 mounts. The newer ones where 3 piece rather than one.

Edited by Yoos Brothers Construction

That is what I was thinking too. I haven't really been around the RW series too much and that was many years ago. They were too new and not really too popular in my younger days as many didn't like the hood citing blind spots in comparison to the R models of the time. 

• Like 1

Thank you. I do plan to restore this one to very nice. It is serial # 19001 although I don't know if that means anything being a 1974. It is all original except the cab.