50's nhra video done by hot rod magazine

HeavyGunner

I cannot believe how it's nearly impossible to find an ugly car in the fifties when today the opposite is true. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 2 weeks later...

Brings back a lot of memories! Didja see the guy stick welding the frame? Perfectly acceptable,I wonder when the last nationally known rail or gasser frame was stick welded? Wonder if that as Art Arfons running that Allison rail? Remember him from Akron,ran all the bizarre jet cars made a few land speed attempts as well! I've pulled some old 5 and six car Bankheads but that car hauler was a dinosaur!

23 hours ago, BillyT said:

I've pulled some old 5 and six car Bankheads but that car hauler was a dinosaur!

They drove thousands of miles with no ac, likely now power steering or power breaks and enjoyed every second of it. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Knew some folks who drag raced in the midwest back in the 60s, they'd take off after work friday, drive all night, race saturday and sunday, drive home sunday night, and be back at work monday morning. No fancy equipment, just the race car on a flatbed trailer and a pickup with a topper.