82 R series Rear Shocks???

Is is possible the rears have been changed? Those upper mounts don't disappear completely by themselves. Easy enough to install and I think Mack still supports them as does Euclid.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Been thinking and IIRC my 78 RL-755LST may have rear shocks. It is 38K Camelback rears. I'll have to look.

I have a Euclid catalog handy and will look. You have 38K rears?

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't see them in the Euclid, nor Meritor catalogs I have. The older catalogs had them I remember well. Maybe discontinued? I have a chassis out back of my shop and will look to see if any are on there.

What I found out today is that air ride came with shocks in the rear & camelback suspension shocks were an option. My mechanic doing the road safety has decided not to include the shocks for the safety who sent me on this wild goose chase today. But it wasn't a total loss, I learned something new & ran into a old r series guy who had a brand new cab carpet w/ underlay for $200.

That is accurate on shock absorber availability. All air ride really had to have it or the truck "porpoised" terrible. You would really notice it if unfamiliar with the truck and the shocks were shot. You carpet pad wasn't a bad deal. Did you get just the front, or the back also? They are separate pieces and the cab can be quiet if both pieces are in place.

Driver seat usually around from what I've seen as the seat base needs to bolt to the floor. The mats are large enough it would be up to the installer though. My trucks have bench seats with the storage underneath so around those.

I've not seen an R model with carpet myself. Always a mat with a foam backing or in the late 60's and early 70's, a jute backer. You always have to cut the shifter hole as there were so many variations to placement dependent upon transmission in the truck.

I have never seen mats either unless the owner/drive put them there. Always the full width rubber mat in the cabs.

I still have a new front and rear pieces in the shop. If they'd not been leaning against a wall in the office I'd have done forgot about them too.