Not a mack but still turns heads

GreenGiant2

Good looking truck for certain. Personally I always preferred the look of round  headlamps in those but I'm really not much into this newer, more modern stuff.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

11 minutes ago, GreenGiant2 said:

I like to see better at night.

I installed a pair of 75W LED capsules into one of my R models and it really brightened things up a lot. Try a pair of those, but they are annoying to oncoming traffic.

Certainly didn't mean to offend, I just prefer the older, classic look of round headlamps. Don't' think I've ever seen rectangular style in a Brockway myself.

Rob 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Don, it sure does turn heads. Nice truck. What's with the Concrete Delivery trailers? I tried calling them several times last week,was looking to do local for the summer. No answer. Friday afternoon I met at least 6 of these heading west on 90 in Ohio and PA pulled by Kuhnle trucks. Must be out of business? See ya Don, Steve

7 minutes ago, smorse54 said:

Hi Don, it sure does turn heads. Nice truck. What's with the Concrete Delivery trailers? I tried calling them several times last week,was looking to do local for the summer. No answer. Friday afternoon I met at least 6 of these heading west on 90 in Ohio and PA pulled by Kuhnle trucks. Must be out of business? See ya Don, Steve

Yes Steve.  Lock stock and barrel. BULLHUSK ( Ernie Delli Santi) bought these. Brought them to my place for his drivers to pick up yesterday morning. To bad alot of work will leave the area.

57 minutes ago, hatcity said:

GOT!!!! to be 318 and 13 speed

400 cummins 13 sd

19 minutes ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

What model Brockway is that? Was that original? It looks a lot like a Superliner

N761 brockway. Superliner headlights

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I didn't realize those lights were a custom install and how my comment would be upsetting; thought they were original. Apologies rendered. Damn, I never was around Brockway, (except a single mixer) so didn't know.

Ernie doing alright? Haven't talked with him in a while. Wonder how his V-12 R model is coming along. Got mine moving slowly but need to get the manifolds welded together relocating the turbochargers and bracing to where the standard R-700 hood will fit without gouging out the inner structure.  

1 hour ago, GreenGiant2 said:

Yes Steve.  Lock stock and barrel. BULLHUSK ( Ernie Delli Santi) bought these. Brought them to my place for his drivers to pick up yesterday morning. To bad alot of work will leave the area.

400 cummins 13 sd

N761 brockway. Superliner headlights

Wow I don't think I have ever seen one at a show such as Macungie, unless I did not realize it. I have seen them with the round lights though.

Were the Superliner headlights available from factory or and add on after?

45 minutes ago, alex g said:

Great looking truck. A friend of mine bought one of the Autocars from concrete delivery auction. I heard there was a few deals to be had I regret not going.

Which one. All 3 where nice. Priced real right.

1 hour ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Wow I don't think I have ever seen one at a show such as Macungie, unless I did not realize it. I have seen them with the round lights though.

Were the Superliner headlights available from factory or and add on after?

Not an option. I installed the. I am not a politically correct person.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

I didn't realize those lights were a custom install and how my comment would be upsetting; thought they were original. Apologies rendered. Damn, I never was around Brockway, (except a single mixer) so didn't know.

Ernie doing alright? Haven't talked with him in a while. Wonder how his V-12 R model is coming along. Got mine moving slowly but need to get the manifolds welded together relocating the turbochargers and bracing to where the standard R-700 hood will fit without gouging out the inner structure.  

No offence taken. Ernie is well. He may even be around. Still has r700 but not much happening to it.

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

8 minutes ago, GreenGiant2 said:

No offence taken. Ernie is well. He may even be around. Still has r700 but not much happening to it.

Good deal. I know how the slow movers roll along. I got this "Project R-12", (Detroit V-12T conversion) on the back burner along with the RL-755-LST w/Cat 1693TA still sitting in the back of the shop. Getting pretty dusty under both of them too..... 

4 hours ago, smorse54 said:

Steve we heard that the owner died and had no one to take it over . So it was put in a trust that 10 distant relatives ran it. Meanwhile the manager at Rochester was embezzling money and the buffalo manager found out and tried to buy it. The 10 members decided to auction all stuff off. Sad to see.

2 hours ago, alex g said:

Great looking truck. A friend of mine bought one of the Autocars from concrete delivery auction. I heard there was a few deals to be had I regret not going.

Which one did he get. My brother in law saw one on the 190 on a trailer. Maybe missing rear rubber? Looked like they where in nice shape. All 3 went under $1400 each. 

Cool looking truck!

I'm also a stock look liker and Brokway is not an exception. But I too like how that particular one looks.

And on a side note I mentioned many times that Macks are scarce in Russia. But if you say Brokway nobody would probably even trust you such brand does exist!

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I recall many "older" trucks getting square lights but I thought it was for an "updated look".  My old round  sealed beams due fine but I need my Perlux driving lights too.  They don't blind oncoming traffic with the shutters on them.

The new headlights drive me to stay home after dark.  Just can't deal with being blinded.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"