1996 Mack rd688sx 350

Remove the 4 screws and replace the diaphragm some have one tamper proof cap you need to work with what have you to get that out! Did you confirm it was bad with the info last post? you can also take the bulbus end off 2 screws  and tunn the allen screw right in how ever this will make the thing lay down black soot when you get on the throttle  your dot may can your ass for it!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

take the 4 screws out it will become evident what you have to do  the vid above is similar how ever it is not necessary TO take off any more than the 4 screws on the out side edges and the the diphram is held together with a bolt rather than a nut if I remember correctly! the trick is getting the dam tamper proof one out!

• Thanks 1

Ok great I was worried when I watched the video and he was using a measuring device to try and get everything back together. Way over my pay grade. Really hope that’s what is wrong and get some power out of this truck.

Is the diaphragm leaking ? did you try what I asked you try first? If so Do this first !!!! get the diaphragm fixed then we will talk! you have to remove the whole top of the govenrer housing as he does in the first vid to increase power! YOU DON'T  need to do that !! If the diaphragm is leaking you need to fix that FIRST ! The four screws facing back!  the four screws facing down Not Right Now! You don't want to get to aggressive with  the stop plate you can Kill the engine with too much fuel!  Just saying!  You were talking pay grade maybe just fix whats broke for now! JUST SAYIN!   :thumb:

Edited by fjh