Mack CX612

HollywoodMike

Question

Hey All,

New to the forum. I am looking to purchase a Mack CX612 for toy hauling purposes. A friend has told me the amount of these trucks available

is staggering. Love the look of the Vision. My question is what years should I stay away from and/or more specifically what engines. I also prefer

an auto trans. I apologize if this question has been beaten into the ground. I will also lower the suspension. The pic is just for reference.

Thanks for any input.

texasbigrigs_29093359_1952670438329669_7655014322984189952_n (1).jpg

Edited by HollywoodMike
grammar

4 answers to this question

There's a few big fleets that have CX612s, ABF, UPS, and USPS come to mind. I imagine ABF sells off a few as they upgrade their fleet, but expect they'll have a lot of miles. No UPS truck leaves big brown alive, they part them out so that's not an option. USPS is overdue for a fleet replacement and they all have automatics, but may be a year or three before they become available and they're 2006 models.

20 hours ago, HollywoodMike said:

Hey All,

New to the forum. I am looking to purchase a Mack CX612 for toy hauling purposes. A friend has told me the amount of these trucks available

is staggering. Love the look of the Vision. My question is what years should I stay away from and/or more specifically what engines. I also prefer

an auto trans. I apologize if this question has been beaten into the ground. I will also lower the suspension. The pic is just for reference.

Thanks for any input.

texasbigrigs_29093359_1952670438329669_7655014322984189952_n (1).jpg

Please post more pics of this truck if you have some or tell me where to find them! Thanks!