Mack Midliner Questions

On 4/9/2018 at 10:54 AM, bulldogboy said:

glitchwrks:

I don't know. I was passing by on my way to Charleston, saw it, and had to take a picture. Three years ago I passed the same location and they had a Mack "CF" fire

truck for sale. It looks like an antique shop and they like to collect old Mack fire trucks. This photo was taken the end of March, 

are the oil and fuel filters universal for the ms200 ms250 ms300 and cs models..... even the mack manager and mack freedom

14 hours ago, Neo said:

are the oil and fuel filters universal for the ms200 ms250 ms300 and cs models..... even the mack manager and mack freedom

Oil and fuel universal on all Midliners.

Freedom uses different fuel filters

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, glitchwrks said:

Apparently filters are one thing that the Mack parts guys do still carry for the Midliners, or there's a Mack cross to something newer. They put actual Mack filters on mine at the truck shop.

The Midliner pre freedom models use both oil and fuel filters that were used on other Mack engine models such as E6 and E7PLN (before 1998 engines)

If I remember correctly, they were used right up until the cancellation of the CS and MS models and the intro of the freedom. 

The Freedom models take filters that are specific to the Freedom line of trucks and engines. Basically rebadged Renault speced filters

23 hours ago, bbigrig said:

The Midliner pre freedom models use both oil and fuel filters that were used on other Mack engine models such as E6 

The Freedom models take filters that are specific to the Freedom line of trucks and engines. Basically rebadged Renault speced filters

this last part is scary....... sigh 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

1991 Midliner CS300 - Drivers side above the RIGHT side of battery box , 5 air lines and 3 electrical sensors screw into this 1.5" by 4.75"  rectangular metal or white metal manifold block.  Need to replace this manifold block as mine is cracked. SEE PHOTOS of part highlighted in RED.  Any ideas ??

MIDLINER AIR FITTING MANIFOLD 1.jpg

MIDLINER AIR FITTING MANIFOLD 2.jpg

MIDLINER AIR manifold location 1.jpg

On 9/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, 91Midliner said:

1991 Midliner CS300 - Drivers side above the RIGHT side of battery box , 5 air lines and 3 electrical sensors screw into this 1.5" by 4.75"  rectangular metal or white metal manifold block.  Need to replace this manifold block as mine is cracked. SEE PHOTOS of part highlighted in RED.  Any ideas ??

MIDLINER AIR FITTING MANIFOLD 1.jpg

MIDLINER AIR FITTING MANIFOLD 2.jpg

MIDLINER AIR manifold location 1.jpg

Answered this on a Facebook page. The part # was given. 5 in the parts system available 

• 4 months later...
On 2/21/2020 at 12:46 AM, crisistc said:

@Neo I just picked up a 1998 cs200 midliner last month, did you still need a photo the air governor? I was wondering what year your truck was.

I really apologize for the late reply... I was so depressed I'm stuck on this truck and can't move .....

The air brake system giving me a beating ... I just got basically the only used air compressor on the island ..... We got it up and now it seems. I have major leaking so the mechanic advised me to get foot valve and unloader valve and to check the lines for leaks ... I have no idea how these valves look... I'm checking eBay and Amazon but it's not helping.... Any assistance would be much loved

On 6/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, bbigrig said:

The Midliner pre freedom models use both oil and fuel filters that were used on other Mack engine models such as E6 and E7PLN (before 1998 engines)

If I remember correctly, they were used right up until the cancellation of the CS and MS models and the intro of the freedom. 

Question... Are the foot valves and unloader valves universal or standard to most trucks...or is it specific to Mack midliner

On 2/21/2020 at 12:46 AM, crisistc said:

@Neo I just picked up a 1998 cs200 midliner last month, did you still need a photo the air governor? I was wondering what year your truck was.

Im really sorry for the late reply...... Yes please I would love a picture of it 

On 2/12/2022 at 1:10 AM, Neo said:

Question... Are the foot valves and unloader valves universal or standard to most trucks...or is it specific to Mack midliner

Foot valves are same depending on series of midliner. Mounted differently. Check with dealer for parts and availability.

7 hours ago, bbigrig said:

Foot valves are same depending on series of midliner. Mounted differently. Check with dealer for parts and availability.

Dealers don't have any .... Can other truck foot valves or unloader valves work

Neo, I ordered the service manual for Midliners, and should receive it Tuesday. I will do my best to keep up with you on the 3 post's you have, and send pic's and info accordingly..  I still think its easy to find the air leak when you hook shop air to the truck.  I would un hook the air supply from the compressor at the tank. Install an air line coupler into an open port that may have a plug in it, or install a 'T' fitting behind an air line that is coming out of the tank, then install a coupler into the 'T' and reinstall the air line. this way you have a test port, or a port to air up the truck, for other reasons.  once this is done, the air compressor line that you removed from the tank is set aside and a plug is screwed into the tank. now you have isolated the compressor and closed the the system from the tank outward.  put shop air to it and then crawl around and find the leak...  I have a couple of air nipples screwed together for this type of testing. jojo

KIMG0878.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Neo, I ordered the service manual for Midliners, and should receive it Tuesday. I will do my best to keep up with you on the 3 post's you have, and send pic's and info accordingly..  I still think its easy to find the air leak when you hook shop air to the truck.  I would un hook the air supply from the compressor at the tank. Install an air line coupler into an open port that may have a plug in it, or install a 'T' fitting behind an air line that is coming out of the tank, then install a coupler into the 'T' and reinstall the air line. this way you have a test port, or a port to air up the truck, for other reasons.  once this is done, the air compressor line that you removed from the tank is set aside and a plug is screwed into the tank. now you have isolated the compressor and closed the the system from the tank outward.  put shop air to it and then crawl around and find the leak...  I have a couple of air nipples screwed together for this type of testing. jojo

KIMG0878.JPG

Are you looking for unloader valves for the air compressor?

Mack midliners don't have unloader valves in the compressor system. Depending on the series, they have an unloader assembly in line behind the wet tank. 300 series just use the AD9 bendix air dryer for constant unloading.