Rob

Gonna build another semi trailer:

slip eze  or ez slide  dry graphite lube for car haulers` pint can and a paint brush will keep all that slick from now on` forget grease

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Thanks for taking the time to make and upload the video. They do operate quickly and my luck would have something destroyed on short order. Pretty simple design staying with a single cantilever style. I'd have to restrict the free flow air but my level of comfort isn't there as yours would be having experience.

I was out to the shop starting to measure mine up and make a material list today. Got the ramps and back five feet of the trailer figured out and rough designed. Going to have a 40' flat and 5' beaver tail plus the ramps. My main beams are looking to be weakening and many of the xmembers are rotting under the boards down the center of the trailer. Looks like I'd be  better just building a new one and scrapping this frame as I'll reuse the axles and springs. I have all new hangers and hardware for the suspension.

I liked that blue R model in the background. Looks like you folks have a pretty good interest in old Mack Trucks too.

I'm glad I could give you something to think about Rob.

Usually I'm the one looking for help with something. Its not very often I can contribute back.

I'm thankful for this site and the good folks that stop by here. :thumb:

I try hard to help people too but usually they just laugh at me.....

1 hour ago, carlotpilot said:

slip eze  or ez slide  dry graphite lube for car haulers` pint can and a paint brush will keep all that slick from now on` forget grease

I used something similar to that from the local farm supply store on my carriers. "Dry-Slyde" was the name in gallon cans. It worked well on "Nylatron" slide pads, but grease was still required to get into areas you couldn't apply it to the surface.

37 minutes ago, Rob said:

I used something similar to that from the local farm supply store on my carriers. "Dry-Slyde" was the name in gallon cans. It worked well on "Nylatron" slide pads, but grease was still required to get into areas you couldn't apply it to the surface.

you can put that stuff anywhere grease will go just pour some in a hand grease gun and pump it in

10 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

you can put that stuff anywhere grease will go just pour some in a hand grease gun and pump it in

Never tried that but can't see why it  wouldn't work. I had molybdenum grease in five gallon pails I used and the lifespan over conventional grease was about 3:1. It didn't attract dirt like conventional grease either. Used to slather it on with a kitchen spatula as could get it into the smallest of crevices.