another Jake brake question.

Totenhofer

Paul, I have a sneaking suspicion that "Newto" used to be the Australian Distributor for tecbrake..... 

Might be worth chasing up??

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

10 hours ago, Swishy said:

Mrs

gudday m8

Sorry eye haven't been read n n follo n the script

has your mack beast got an engine brake fitted?

does it work?

has it ever worked?

Wot motor n gearbox?

sorry me remembererer haz failed again

cya

Yeah it has Dynatard and it works (makes a noise) and slows the motor when changing gears but is next to useless with a big load on

Even in grandma gear she runs away on a hill

E6 motor 12 speed over drive

Paul 

• 1 month later...

Paul, I agree with you about the Dynatard being unimpressive. Even if you get them operating perfectly as Swishy said, they are only about two thirds as effective as the Jacobs in the two valve motors which is all that I have. The other disadvantage with the Dynatard system is that the Rocker shaft wears a lot more than the plain non Dynatard shaft and this oil blows out the Tappet cover Breather. Over the years I have converted three maxidynes from Dynatards to the Jakes and I found it was well worth the trouble. The Jakes in a Mack have never ever been as effective as in a Cummins, so if you are expecting those sort of results you will be disappointed. When Mack  in Brisbane brought out the first Econodyne motors they switched to Jakes, so they must have seen the advantage in them. I have heard of a system where a mechanical exhaust brake was fitted in conjunction with a Dynatard or Jakes and this was very effective, but I have not actually seen it. Just a few ideas, Paul.

Kav