Work boots

14 hours ago, david wild said:

Bought pair of Wesco boots, great boot, but the puke who measured my feet made them to tight, been trying to give them away, going to send back and tell them to shove them up pukes ass, been buying snap on, but going to try Danner next, snap on makes great socks, got at least 50 pair, don't have time to wash when on a project, just take enough to go and get back, had Red Wings but think quality went off and more interested in pretty wear not work wear, seen good boots in Europe but don't understand their sizing, Carhart won't even last 3 months, get almost year out of Snap on. 

What size are your Wesco's??? Maybe they'll fit me. I'm getting desperate.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

I posted yesterday that I couldn't believe Red Wing would let their boots be sold anywhere but at the shoemakers ,like the old days! Well today Rural King announced their new arrangement with Red Wing! They are now sold in the store! 189.00 for the ones they sold online for 79.00! I'll bet the shoemakers are happy! I hate myself for buying a Chinese boot! But Ill get over it!

All this boot talk made me finally pull the trigger on a new pair. When I was a Federal Firefighter, I wore Thorogood and Lehigh Safety Shoes almost exclusively. I had 3 or 4 pairs of Lehigh uniform safety boots and shoes and they were always pretty good to me so I took a ride over to the factory store in Allentown a few miles from me. Went in there and seems to me that they discontinued all of their stuff (made in USA) and were selling other people's crap. The few pairs of USA made ones they had were "assembled in the USA of foreign made components. Walked out.

Got home, went online. That Wesco place looked pretty good but they didn't have anything I liked. Looked at Carolina and Georgia....Nothing made in the USA anymore. Then looked at Thorogood, thank god they still have a line that is completely made in the USA. Got a pair of these through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I7H4KE/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Redwing 914's  i get about a year out of them, but for the most part wear them 7 days a week.   I have been hard on boots since I was a kid and concrete is hell on any of them.  I put them on the boot dryer every night and try to remember to clean and oil them once in awhile.

still makes me sick that Red wing has no interest in seelin work boots to the WORKING man but would rather sell a bunch or maybe a fewpair of yuppie dress shoes to yuppie trash.  like i said, id pay goo money for a good made in the USA pair of logger boots, they are nowhere to be found, Red wind cant compete with the Georgia and Carolina Chinese boots, Red Wings does have the Redwing/herman survivor/Irish Setter boot all in on yet that's Chinese but their new revamped USA ones are totally garbage

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

12 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

.  like i said, id pay goo money for a good made in the USA pair of logger boots, they are nowhere to be found

Whites are excellent logger boots made in Spokane Washington.  They will custom make them to you foot if you want or go pick them off of the shelf. I wear the 10" smokejumpers. Excellent boot that's gives me tons of ankle support and keep my back from getting sore when I work on cancrete surfaces. They are spendy but I usually get 4 or 5 years out of them wearing them everyday before I send them back for a rebuild. In my opinion they are worth every penny especially when you consider that you could buy a cheap, crummy pair of boots for $100 and maybe get one uncomfortable year out of them before they need replaced.  https://whitesboots.com/#/home

Edited by HeavyGunner
Added link

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I've had two pair of Wesco boots and two pair of White"s boots over the years.  I think they are the best boots you can buy.  Both pairs of Wescos have been sent back and rebuilt twice.  Wesco seems to be getting a

bit uppity and their prices are getting out of hand.  First pair I bought in 96 cost me 280.  That same boot today would be over 500.  Chippewa makes a good solid, made in USA logger for around $300.

Bought these clodhoppers 3 weeks ago, Chinese Chippewas size 14 wide, have worn them just a couple of times they feel pretty good, we;ll see how they hold up. I'm just too damn cheap to buy 3=4 hundred dollar boots. Plus I usually wear a 15 but some times a 14 will fit. I looked at the size charts for the high dollar boots and found very few 15's

2018-02-26 19.08.31.jpg

Anyone have any experience with Mid West Boot Co.  I have been battling an ankle tendonitis issue and while trying to educate myself a link for this company popped up.  I went to their sight and its a good one-like choice of made in USA, made in USA of foreign components etc.  Plus biggest thing they half half sizes-at least in the boots I checked out,

I've been wearing Red Wings-currently switch between 1431, 914, 608 and 2156.  four pairs because I can't find anything that is really comfortable. (Although 608's are done- soles finally started to crack and come apart but I've had them quite a while.)

I have no arch and 13's are too small and 14's too big.  Half size caught my eye.

On 2/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

$219.00 later...........Just arrived today. 

5a8e12dbedda4_newfeettires02_21_2018.thumb.jpg.078f308272f8906768133ef40d2319a5.jpg

So how do you like them.  I have 4 pairs of Red Wings but my flat feet and fallen arches are killing me.  Also, size 13 too small, size 14 too big.  I found a Mid West  Boot site that offers half sizes!   and guess what-the Thorogood site is one and the same.

Made in USA-Im looking at PW Minor 3101.  256 bucks.."or call for best price"

So-good value ijn your opinion?

1 minute ago, Red Horse said:

So how do you like them.  I have 4 pairs of Red Wings but my flat feet and fallen arches are killing me.  Also, size 13 too small, size 14 too big.  I found a Mid West  Boot site that offers half sizes!   and guess what-the Thorogood site is one and the same.

Made in USA-Im looking at PW Minor 3101.  256 bucks.."or call for best price"

So-good value ijn your opinion?

I like them. They were a real bitch to break in but other then that they are comfy and warm. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

my biggest problem with most boots are they are too insulated. the Red wings were insulated little with the 400 gram quilted liner. most boots have thinsulate garbage in them and usually by 9 am my feet are soaked. i use to be able to wear inslated 400 gram redwings all summer long without any issue. 

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg