Contaminated coolant

BoxCarKidd

Hi all I am new here. A friend sent me. A company I work for has an 05 Mack with the plastic coolant tank with two caps. The bottom cap has oil snot on it. The top cap has what looks like soot. When it is put on cardboard and pressed with a finger it is like grease. The coolant is clear?

Is that a AI or AC engine.  Have you had the truck since it was new.  Has it every had an oil cooler go bad?  I have seen this happen were an oil cooler goes out and does not get clean out good.  The oil will go to the Top, if you are not sure about the history of the truck I would pull both of the tanks off and clean them out good and reinstall and watch them and see if they get oil in them again.  If you know the history of the truck it could be the oil cooler seeping, I have also seen where the transmission cooler seeps into the system but it usually is clean oil versus a gray or black tint like engine oil.

It is an AC the company purchased about a year ago. Local agricultural work and only about 15,000 miles per year. Looked at the transmission today and it is water cooled. Fluid looked a bit questionable. Decided to park in overnight and recheck it in the morning. Thought I had attached pictures and struggling a bit to figure out this sight. Thanks for answering a puppy. Puppy Poster That is kind of funny!