Sign in to follow this  
eric the dutch

oil is coming out of an air tank

I drained the air tanks and out of one air tank came first water and after that oil and I'm talking about a pole of oil.   Out of the wet tank was water first and it turn in to air....what can be the problem..air dryer? compressor piston rings? or something else....I just bought the truck and I don't know how long it was sitting still...its a 2005 rb 688

when was the last time it was drained? need to drain it again in say a week and see how much oil comes out of it

thnx for your response...like I said i just bought the truck and I don't know when was the last time.....I will drain it for the next couple days and lets see what happen

most the time means its time for a new compressor. if its a new to you truck i would drain and monitor for a while first. could also check your turbo for blowing oil too. but every time i have personally seen a lot of oil in the air tanks a new compressor fixed the problem. a compressor that is passing a lot of oil will ruin your air dryer cartridge as well. 

• Like 1

An air compressor will pass oil if the engine spends too much time at idle. It is always best to bump them up a few hundred rpm's.