tie rod end and steering tube part numbers?

hello everyone, i'm looking for the part number from the tie rod end and the tie rod steering tube. the truck is a 1962 b 67 fa505 front axle. i stripped the steering tube down to virgin metal today and i cannot find any number? any help would be appreciated. thank you. tomvb.

20180130_182538.jpg

20180130_182548.jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

There isn't a part-number for those tie rod ends because they were never available as assemblies. They are serviceable (rebuildable) tie rod ends (common back in the day). There used to be a Mack part number for a kit, as well as individual components.

Do you have the Mack line sheet for the truck?

• Like 1

Great. On the build sheet, what is the 1QHA number, including the P or AP (BP) number over to the right?

On a side note, those "AC" part numbers date back to the Mack AC "Bulldog". Even in the 1980s, Mack still had a few "AC" numbers in our parts system. (When a Mack dealer views the 1QH front axle arrangement to research the parts, newer numbers will be shown).

If you want, scan and attach that build sheet page.

• Like 1

Superb.

Did you inspect the ball studs? What's the condition of the springs?

If visibly good, try cleaning, re-grease, and tighten out the slop (don't over tighten).

The rubber boots you'll need are 95RU32.

If you call Watt's Mack (1-888-304-6225) and provide your front axle arrangment (1QH321AP3), they can research the part numbers on the arrangement, supercede and check stock both in-house and at the PDCs (parts distribution centers).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I changed the one on my old R over to a commercially-available replacement tie rod and current ends.  Found an equivalent diameter rod of similar length.  Also, the old (bent) one was the "both RH threads of 2 different pitches" affair.  The new one I put in was one LH and one RH, making it a bit easier to find parts.

• Like 2

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."