jake brake for EM6-300L?

DBGraves

I’m new here first off. Also I just started in the dumptrucking business. I have a 85 686st Tri Axle with a EM6 300L with a e6 350 turbo and the fuel tweaked some and a 10 speed Eaton. Pulls and runs like a champ. My question is where can I find a jake brake for it? It’s a 2 valve motor. I find 237’s with jake brakes all the time. Will a set of jakes fit my 300L heads. Thanks in advance 

• 11 months later...

I have three 2 valve endt676 engines that we have pulled the engine brakes off of. Everything on those engines are American sized wrenches. Not sure if it fits the em6, dad would probably kill me for giving them away, but I doubt we will ever put them back on a truck.

Took one set off because it was on a DM686sx and never worked, another set was on a spare motor we needed a camshaft out of, and the third engine has a weak valve spring and the Jake brake spacer plate on top of one exhaust valve slipped out a few times, so we pulled it off rather than keep messing with it.

Mack wanted $80 per jake style valve lash adjuster, several of ours were worn out one motor. Having a spare motor pays.

I think the only differences between an e6 237 and a 285 are turbo, exhaust, fuel pumps and intercooler. Block, heads, crank, pistons, all the same. My dad ran into some different timing covers over the years but that's about it. 

Yes, parts for the old Jakes are getting to be hens teeth. I had to go to Facebook to find the lash cap for early big valve stem 237.  They are NLA from Mack.  Sorry to say I blew a bunch more money then I should have getting these up to par.   They do work well now.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"