Sign in to follow this  
75T

350 2 valve

I had a 1983  RD with a 300+ all air..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

Its not local, can you tell me where to have the seller look?.... and, what's that rig worth?... as pictured The 6 speed is already sold.

I always forget which pump went with which engine.. the Maxidyne's had one and the 300+, 350's had another....

I have a two stick six speed with deep reduction surplus to my needs. I think it's a TRDL-1071 series but that's once again from a distant memory. I do know it's 23:1 reduction and nothing wrong with it. it's still in a V8 powered truck. The red one with splotchy black primer all over it.

DSCN4614rsz.jpg.a7529ff165442650731b31f974bd581b.jpg

Old photos but still have everything.

glad to see all the old pics Rob. Its been a while sense I have seen the old trucks you have

I've not sold anything Trent. Go so much clogging the shop I can't walk a straight line from front to back yet but I'm working on it.

Bit difficult for me to conjure up so many distant and fading memories but they're still there in "cold storage". That last five years of my working career caused a lot of things to blur as it dragged on. Certainly glad that's all behind me.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

I have a two stick six speed with deep reduction surplus to my needs. I think it's a TRDL-1071 series but that's once again from a distant memory. I do know it's 23:1 reduction and nothing wrong with it. it's still in a V8 powered truck. The red one with splotchy black primer all over it.

DSCN4614rsz.jpg.a7529ff165442650731b31f974bd581b.jpg

Old photos but still have everything.

The 1071 is a extra low, low hole gear Lower than the 107 series.    terry

37 minutes ago, terry said:

The 1071 is a extra low, low hole gear Lower than the 107 series.    terry

Yes, that is what I have available is someone needs it. I can walk faster than this thing will run out against the governor in low, low gear.

Thanks.

The seller wants someone to buy it all.... so I was just prefacing that in effort to get an appraisal .... He sent a pic of the engine tag.. confirmed engine is original to the '87 truck... I know its not the stamp in the timing cover.... but it is a late air/water tip turbine!

20180314_152934_1521055885214.jpeg.ad7e41fa4c2eb91078a7b312e175e66a.jpeg

that tag tells me its a 285hp Maxidyne...

I certainly thought those engines in that low of rating were gone by 87. Never hear of heavy chassis being less than 300hp after the very early 1980's myself. The old 285's were very good engines not really strong enough to destroy themselves and easily boosted with bolt on parts as they had the meat where it was needed.

I once had a DM dump had a 285 hp, with the overdrive 12 speed and 4.17 rears had the pump turned to run up to 2300 if I wanted, it could bury the 80 MPH speedometer!  It was a real sleeper.     terry:D

I have a 12 speed still waiting to go in behind my 285 with 4.17s I think I figured it would do around 78 MPH flat on the floor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lmackattack said:

I have a 12 speed still waiting to go in behind my 285 with 4.17s I think I figured it would do around 78 MPH flat on the floor

if you get it all together you will love it!:thumb:

• Like 1

I have two trucks with the TRDL-107 and they are great. Just like the 12 speed minus the low hole gears. Both shift very rapid and smooth. Reverse can be tricky in the water wagon when cold outside but a couple of times going from neutral to reverse and it slips right in. I've not rebuilt the cylinders, not shift handle and they probably leak internally.

I also have another of the series that is OD, TRDL-1070 but haven't ran it in a truck yet. I know the prior owner well and he said it was a good unit so taking his word for it.