18 hours ago, BillyT said:

41, those spot mirrors are an atrocity! Mirrors are supposed to improve safety those block your vision! What's the deal with the flat black plastic? There are a couple of U and DM Macks still running daily in my area,wonder how many years that "Mack" will last!

I agree on the mirrors!. As for long lasting, probably not much longer than any of the other new units from Paacar or I.H. When the electronics and pollution controls get obsolete so does the unit..

Edited by 41chevy

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, logtruckman said:

Do they sell many mack log trucks out west anymore ? 

Not many at all, I took my Pete and LTH to a log show this past weekend in N Cal and it made me realize from talking to the old timers and seeing a lot of pictures just how dominant Mack once was in logging. I have seen a few Granites in S. Or and N Cal. but no often. Mack had a nice display and an axle forward whatever they call them now. But KW and Freightliner both had full dressed log trucks on display.  In fact at one time Mack dump trucks out did every other truck badge 8-10 from Seattle to Eugene OR. I know Scarsella Bros in Seattle still run a large Mack fleet including a Titan or two. Mack had a company dealer in Medford when I arrived in 76 that is how many Macks were sold in the area. 

Anderson show 2017.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I've seen a lot of old pictures of mack loggers out west . nice trucks you have ,

• Like 1