Anthem production

18 hours ago, BillyT said:

41, those spot mirrors are an atrocity! Mirrors are supposed to improve safety those block your vision! What's the deal with the flat black plastic? There are a couple of U and DM Macks still running daily in my area,wonder how many years that "Mack" will last!

I agree on the mirrors!. As for long lasting, probably not much longer than any of the other new units from Paacar or I.H. When the electronics and pollution controls get obsolete so does the unit..

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

When I go on long trips I often make a mental note of the different truck brands on the road with a key eye out for Macks. I just drove from White Plains NY Port St. Lucie ( about 1200 or 18hrs) and was elated to see a Mack Anthem on the road in SC. However, I did notice how few Macks relative to other brands.

I don't have an exact tally but Freigthtliner definitely seemed to be  most common. I was particularly surprised how many Volvos were on the road going in both directions, especially in the Carolinas. I think they are made in SC but not sure if that had anything to do with it.

8 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Logtruckman: Do they sell many Mack log trucks out east anymore. Seems like Granites are limited to roll offs and dumps around Ct. Not many tractors or loggers

No , not many the dealers don't. Even try to sell a Mack log truck , I've seen a few chu tractors pulling log trailers  ,I talked to a guy that was driving one in new York he said he liked it ,a chu 505 mp8 with small Bunk and a m-drive grossing 120k but his boss was trading it for a western star dd16 600 to match the rest of his fleet .he said it had decent power but not quite enough.  He loved the m-drive .

• 3 weeks later...

A few Mack ads for the western logger. Zenon Hansen used his long established connection with the Murty Bros from Portland OR to build the first Hayward built R model for logging. It was displayed at the different logging shows that year. There was an article and picture in one of the old Bulldog mags. Remember the deep candy red Superliner logger that was on the Mack calendar years back? I was just informed it is still a beauty and in storage from by the original owner.

Mack logger western B ad.jpg

Mack western logger advertisement.jpg

• Like 1