One for kscarbel2

1 hour ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Interesting article especially this bit.

"There are those who say Mack is today nothing like its forebears, and they’re right. However, Mack today also produces and sells more trucks than any time in its ‘glorious past’."

I wondered about that also. But I guess the same could be said for any truck maker who is still around. 

Market share is another thing. 

That may be true Down Under but not here in the States?? When I was at Tony Champions dealership in 2015 the name on the building may have said Volvo Commercial Vehicles, BUT there was not one Volvo on the lot!!! ALL MACKS!! 

• Like 1

Brocky

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

That may be true Down Under but not here in the States?? When I was at Tony Champions dealership in 2015 the name on the building may have said Volvo Commercial Vehicles, BUT there was not one Volvo on the lot!!! ALL MACKS!! 

Not here in Chicago. Chicago mack dealers once had new macks in the Lot, now we have no 100% Mack truck dealrships that I know of.  M&K and CIT truck centers  are what we have now. they sell KW mack others. you would be lucky to spot a mack in the lot, if you do find on it was just in for service. yet there will be 30+ New Volvo tractors front and center in the lot....