2018 mp7 turbo problems

mackcat12

The dsm called today and said engineering review all the data and they want to replace the exhaust valves they think they are sticking and that is what is causing the problem, parts are ordered. I was driving it today and the engine light came on call Mack said p20ee code for nox called my dealer he said that they will probably replace the scr box they have a truck throwing the same code as mine and Mack told them to replace the box

I would be squealing pretty loud about that!  If they plan on doing R AND D on your head and valves the truck could be down for two weeks or more ! they need to supply the dealer with a new head out of the box  MIN and just put it on there Ive seen this shit happen before ! I would recommend you make lots of noise!!

• Like 1

You are right fjh I’m not real happy about that but something happened today that I hope is the problem I got a e-mail from the uptime center saying my truck triggered a yellow severity fault for EGR High flow issue code P0402 I hope this has been the problem all along from everything I’ve read   The symptoms of EGR are what the truck is doing so I hope this is it!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my truck back they replaced the exhaust valves and rockers and that fixed the high pyrometer temperature and gave it a little more power but it still has a lugging vibration and severe turbo lag,fuel mileage for the last 2 days has been 6.9 one day  and 6.4 today. the turbo is real faint takes forever to kick in something is keeping it from doing its job.dealer has contacted the dsm and e-service to see what to do next at least they made a little progress now to get the other problems figured out!

6 minutes ago, mackcat12 said:

I agree  Lmackattack they need to give me a new truck and send this one back to the factory for exploratory surgery let them figure it out on their time and not mine!!

Yes. for how new it is and for long it has been down or acting up on their own watch. the easy fix is for Mack to stand behind their product and just use it as a test bed to find the issue so that this does not happen to other Mack owners. Its a win win for both. you get a new truck and they work out a issue on a lemon to improve and learn from it.  I would start barking a little louder and present them with a time line of documents to show it plain and simple that the truck is a lemon.

Well your dealer did well turning it around quickly  anyway! hopefully Mack  don't wash their hands here keep making noise ! in their defense These power issues can be a bear to chase down! But if It aint right it aint right!

On 4/20/2018 at 7:20 PM, mackcat12 said:

I agree 1965 if this doesn’t fix it I’m going to talk to them about replacing the truck I don’t know what the lemon law is for big trucks but they are gonna have to do something truck has 14,300 miles on it now.

At this point I’d talk to a lawyer about suing Mack for down time and the runaround and to take that pos back. I know if I had a brand new truck and was treated like you are being treated I’d do anything I could to get my money back and NEVER buy another product from them. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

At this point I’d talk to a lawyer about suing Mack for down time and the runaround and to take that pos back. I know if I had a brand new truck and was treated like you are being treated I’d do anything I could to get my money back and NEVER buy another product from them. 

Idk what Mack would’ve done back in the day but hope they would’ve made things right. This day in time nobody seems to care about nothing but themselves & that just isn’t the American way when I was growing up.

• Like 1

This has been the most frustrating thing ever I have never owned anything but Mack trucks for over 25 years and I absolutely love this granite but it has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth I just want it fixed, I have been very patient probably too patient with them . I talked to my dealer today and he said Mack will be in touch with me next week I’m going to tell them it’s time to replace this truck, I will keep you guys updated as soon as I find out something.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thought I would give y’all a update still dealing with all the problems they are installing a new complete scr one box today hope to have it back tomorrow and we will see if this does anything for it, been waiting for a data recorder for over a month they say Mack only has about 5 data recorders for all of the United States and they are all tied up ain’t this just a bunch of bullshit!! Going on 7 months trying to fix this truck problems started @ 7200 miles truck has over 21,000 miles on it now. I will let you know if this latest parts change does any good.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:20 PM, mackcat12 said:

I agree 1965 if this doesn’t fix it I’m going to talk to them about replacing the truck I don’t know what the lemon law is for big trucks but they are gonna have to do something truck has 14,300 miles on it now.

We once had a customer lemon law a truck for ....(wait for it).....rough ride!!!! He got himself a brand new CL733 for saying the front suspension ride was growing progressively rougher. 18K front with logging floats. Mack had us put a whole new front suspension in. We also fabricated an additional X-link into the exhaust muffler brackets to stop sway and vibration. Won his day in court, took delivery on the new truck and shocked the conscience of our dealership and Mack Inc. You have a much better argument. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1965 said:

Idk how big your dealer is (I’m sure that makes a difference) but I sure hope they are at the plate swinging a big ass bat for you!

Dealers have very little to say since big bro learned to speak Swedish!☹️

I got my truck back and the one box change didn’t help the power issue but it did fix the nox issue code p20EE I asked them if they had checked the new turbo that they installed and they said no so I told them I wanted them to check it because it had bad turbo lag and it’s real faint they installed a manual gauge at the turbo and drove it and said there is a 15 pound difference from the manual gauge to the computer on the truck so they sent that info to Mack now we wait and see what Mack is going to do next.so tired of this shit!!!

On 6/28/2018 at 9:02 AM, fjh said:

Dealers have very little to say since big bro learned to speak Swedish!☹️

This is so true! Corporate calls the shots after a certain point , I feel for the customer. We have had corporate fly in guys with data loggers more than once.