H67 Door Hinge Bolts

My door hinge bolts were rusty and crusty, so I checked with Watts--not available any more. They are 5/16" NF phillips flat head, 3/4" long...I hunted all over the interwebs and could not find any fine thread. Lo and behold, after some phenagling I found out that '50s and '60s MG cars used the same bolts; I found some websites that sell MG parts and bought a set. They work perfect!

bolt.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! What a disaster!

I thought I'm the only person on the globe having troubles locating SAE hardware.

Probably my military NR model has hinges attached to the cab with the same parts. And i suppose a L-model too.

Very surprized you couldn't find such common parts as a standard hardware shop item. Will keep your experience in mind.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

12 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

fastenal could`nt come up with them??

The only ones they had in fine thread were slotted. I also found a lot of allen heads, those two are worthless. I've had the best luck with phillips or torx when dealing with flat head bolts.

17 hours ago, BC Mack said:

looks like you got the 'posidrive' head there not the US crosshead, they take a different screwdriver bit as the taper is different.. but for your use should be ok if you use a handtool.

I've found that the aircraft parts suppliers can be good for looking for oddball hardware, NAS, AN or MS series for bolts, screws, nuts and various quick releases for panels like Dzus... not nearly as cheap as automotive parts but they are not chinese grade 2 crap and meet strict manufacturing standards... lots of on-line catalogues too.. generally fine thread is standard.

BC Mack

Yes, and they're #4 pozidriv which is not an easy bit to find! I was able to get some from KC Tool.

19 hours ago, Keith S said:

I've been finding a lot of fine-thread nuts, bolts, screws... at AMK Products https://www.amkproducts.com 

Once you figure out their catalog system(s), they are great - start looking in BULK. Good prices too.

Door Jamb Bolts.pdf

Good tip! Theirs have the correct star washer, and they're cheaper too.