The movie 'Maximum Overdrive' and old Macks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay you jokers  a little something I have been watching over the last few days 

Nothing really on the truck, more about the behind the scenes drama

But plenty of interesting photos of the movie been made 

The way they all carried on I think we were lucky to even get a movie 

Fill in some time for you Joey while your on the mend

Paul 

• Like 1

Small budgets,Simple story lines ,and decent actors made for the best movies back then!! Better than alot of the trash they are producing now a days hahahaha. That and the horrible remakes they've put out of some of the classic greats. Another great movie is Chuck Norris in Breaker, Breaker. 

• Like 1

Of course check out White Line Fever, and Steel Cowboy, with James Brolin. I grew up around trucking in the 70's and it was great! Cabovers ruled the roads then and I loved 'em all. Dad had a powerful F model Mack w/a twin turbo V8, but I didn't start driving until he'd bought his new 84 CruiseLiner. The whole culture was different, better, more enjoyable and still fun! Cheap fuel, good rates, and money. A man could get a decent truck, his own authority and support his family. I eventually bought 2 of my own. One was a late 80's KW. K100 Aerodyne. With a Cummins KT450/15sp. O.D. She may have been old but it was fast! I miss trucking all the time. We're it not for all the recent dumb laws (ELD'S etc) I'd still be doing it. 

• Like 2

I have a great Maximum Overdrive story,, much too long to go into detail here,, Very short version,, a friend of mine was working at the White dealer in Wilmington NC , Stephen King came in and wanted to buy some trucks, My friend rode him in one, and he told him he was going to make a movie there ( and much of the film was shot in Wilmington) my friend said it sounded kinda crazy to him! King bought several trucks, I can’t remember how many, but the Western Star with the clown face was one and the wrecker that crashed the 2 newlyweds was one ( actually it was the shop wrecker they were using) He went into more detail about the whole deal . But that’s a little history i can share . 

• Like 2