R model cabs

I have a NOS back panel that includes the cab corners and it is the same as the superliner. The orange cab came off a Hayward built R-700 that had the early 1001 cu V8 in it before they were called E-9's. I need to research what year it was. That truck is now the converted LTL with that early V8 in it that Allan Nelson owns. When he replaced the cab with an L model cab he gave it to me for the project.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, j hancock said:

Is the Super being prepared for a respray?

yes, a makeover on the interior too. Also making a custom panel to fit between the cab and sleeper to hopefully make it look cleaner. Thinking about moving the batteries into the step boxes and using the old Western R model air tank step covers on it too. Kind of mix it up a little.

Makeover side view 1.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mackdaddy said:

I have a NOS back panel that includes the cab corners and it is the same as the superliner. The orange cab came off a Hayward built R-700 that had the early 1001 cu V8 in it before they were called E-9's. I need to research what year it was. That truck is now the converted LTL with that early V8 in it that Allan Nelson owns. When he replaced the cab with an L model cab he gave it to me for the project.

Is the LTL Burgandy? I just seen a picture I saved of a LTL that had V8 signs on the hood and I noticed that it had an RS frame.

14 hours ago, mackdaddy said:

yes, he has 2 that are near identical on the exterior. 

Ok that makes sence. I looked through and could only find a picture of the other one but I know I have a Picture of the one with the V8. You don't happen to know what the vin was on the V8 truck would you. I'm assuming its RS735...