Superliner

Chris Careccia

Mack was doing it for years and years.  But yes they did make Cat powered Superliners. Also with Cummins & 2 stroke Detroits. You may need a bigger radiator. Someone else on here I'm sure could tell ya for sure.  Local man had one with a factory KTA. But he did repower it later in life with a B.C. 3. Friends tell me I should repower my WS with an E7. But I'm not giving up the E9

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Mate, the cat idea isn’t a bad one. Lots of different options on this site, but if your willing to spend time and money on an old Mack you should do what you like with it. Cat make a good engine and still most parts available. And bigger displacement is always good. 

8 hours ago, Timmyb said:

Mate, the cat idea isn’t a bad one. Lots of different options on this site, but if your willing to spend time and money on an old Mack you should do what you like with it. Cat make a good engine and still most parts available. And bigger displacement is always good. 

Thanks Timmy b. I had a friend that was pushing 550 out of his 350 2 valve so I should be able to get the same. The cat was just an idea and wanted to see what real Mack guys thought. I appreciate your positive outlook on it. I’ll just change the rear end ratio and tranny so I can pull on my Peterbilt or at least run with it. Lol

On 12/24/2017 at 2:50 PM, Terry T said:

All the talk about horsepower is nothing if you aren't building torque.

Racers saying:

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

in a big truck or tractor  I'll take all the torque I can get vs  all the hp itll make

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 10:20 PM, Chris Careccia said:

Thanks Timmy b. I had a friend that was pushing 550 out of his 350 2 valve so I should be able to get the same. The cat was just an idea and wanted to see what real Mack guys thought. I appreciate your positive outlook on it. I’ll just change the rear end ratio and tranny so I can pull on my Peterbilt or at least run with it. Lol

I dunno how good they last when cranked up 
I think a lot has to do with how hard they work, if you pull big tons all day long and are on full power most of the time I think their life would be pretty short 
If you are just driving around town with shortish runs and not pulling big weights I reckon they may last a lot better 

No matter what you do have fun as I reckon thats the most important thing 

Paul

• Like 1