Jump to content

Bumper cars at the loading dock


speerk
 Share

Recommended Posts

They sped that up from the one l saw. What a disgrace even for a steering wheel holder!  Watch the exhaust stack on the truck hooked to the left trailer when he hits that one! Must have a limited endorsement licence, FORWARD ONLY! .............Hippy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Must have a limited endorsement licence,

Shouldn't have one at All, In My opinion...

 

Most likely a 2 pedal automated "thingo" judging by the way the Steering wheel attendant was hitting the Dock, & said SWA was unaware of the creep or inching function..(also unaware of heaps of other things Too)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

They sped that up from the one l saw. What a disgrace even for a steering wheel holder!  Watch the exhaust stack on the truck hooked to the left trailer when he hits that one! Must have a limited endorsement licence, FORWARD ONLY! .............Hippy 

Not just the stack....look at the before and after on his right fender!!!!!!!! lololololLL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

its all over.brought three trucks in this week, lost wheels, brake drums, everything. seems no one does pre trips or checks their lugnuts anymore.  just went and towed this foreigner in yesterday after dot got him. old junk Volvo and really old  great dane with side doors. DOT gave him 26 tcickets! we towed back to our shop.guy whipped out cash and paid bill and drove away. everything from log book violations to signal lights out, brakes out of adjustment and the kicker, the clamps for the sliding suspension,.one pair was gone! the industy has gone to shit but,on a good note, stupid and lazy makes me money..... cant tell you how many times weve had a truck come into the shop and the driver either cant speak any English, cant unhook his trailer or cant back up,

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some things never change. My Dad loved to tell me about having to back the tractor trailers into a shop he worked at in the Boston area because the OTR guys couldn't do it. The year? 1949.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, fxfymn said:

Some things never change. My Dad loved to tell me about having to back the tractor trailers into a shop he worked at in the Boston area because the OTR guys couldn't do it. The year? 1949.

I’d be willing to bet it wasn’t like that video; back in? 1949.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You let towed trucks leave after paying tow ??? Truck gets towed here it does not leave until repairs made and reinspected. same with no insurance, no coverage you don't get car back until proof of Ins. is in hand. dig this one, car runs stop sign, hits truck, tow both, car has liab. only, truck full cov. car given ticket for stop sign, car insurer will only pay 80% of damage and tow of truck, claims driver of truck was negligent for not assuming car would run stop sign ?????? no stop sign in trucks lane but there is overhead blinking caution light, I guess that means you need to watch for cars running stop sign, feel bad for truck owner not so much for dodge with 22" stupid looking wheels, once again laws only apply to some people.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, 1965 said:

I’d be willing to bet it wasn’t like that video; back in? 1949.

Probably not, but I bet there were drivers who were just as bad back then. We just don't have the video to prove it.

 

19 hours ago, david wild said:

You let towed trucks leave after paying tow ??? Truck gets towed here it does not leave until repairs made and reinspected. same with no insurance, no coverage you don't get car back until proof of Ins. is in hand. dig this one, car runs stop sign, hits truck, tow both, car has liab. only, truck full cov. car given ticket for stop sign, car insurer will only pay 80% of damage and tow of truck, claims driver of truck was negligent for not assuming car would run stop sign ?????? no stop sign in trucks lane but there is overhead blinking caution light, I guess that means you need to watch for cars running stop sign, feel bad for truck owner not so much for dodge with 22" stupid looking wheels, once again laws only apply to some people.   

That is why there are lawyers and courts. If the truck's insurer lets the car's insurer get away with it then they are ahead. My bet is they sued to recover full damages and the car's insurer paid them and the court costs as well.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

^^surprised they didn't have an "L" and "R" for which way to turn?????

My favorite saying........."No, your OTHER left"

Or when you ask a question and get the answer "yeah, no".

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

 “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow guys, don't know where to start! Reminds me of all the idiocy I've seen over the years! Guy pulls out without releasing docklok tears off ICC bumper!Who the F... road tested this stroke? Saw a guy backing in at the old Genco whse in west Mifflin Pa, there is a car next to the dock he cuts the wheel hard right and drives right over the cars hood! I couldn't believe my eyes! Maddog, I saw a complete set of trailer tandems in the right lane of I 85 once, 100 ft of tire tracks behind it and a dry van flat on the pavement in front and the tractors gone etc! The musta' towed it away! Cops and fusees everywhere! Saw a tandem dump body upside down facing backwards under a bridge on I 376 in pittsburgh! No truck! When I was in the towing business during the "tow truck wars" in 1971 in Pittsburgh, We got a call in an out of the way location and Thought it might be a setup, Competing towing companies were shooting out tires etc,long story! Anyway We took my truck and my buddies truck and came to a car over the hill in a rural park! My buddy parked out of sight a half mile away. I winched the car out and broke the first rule of towing! I unhooked before I got paid! The customer takes off! I get on the radio " Bobby block the road!" So he parked a c 50 Chevy with a Holmes 600 across the two lane road!lol I got paid! I was in the old Flying J south of Chicago and was walking to the restaurant and this guy in a Cabover was pulling as opposed to backing in to a parking space,there was a Cabover parked facing out with the driver at the wheel! The guy pulling in forgot about his reefer unit, and The driver that was parked saw It coming and started to "backpedal" into the sleeper! The reefer took out the drivers windshield and part of his door! He escaped out the passenger door! The trailer wouldn't have cleared the truck on his right either but he never got that far!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...