MackMack613

T2080 input shaft

just curious to know why the input shaft sticks out at least 8 inches forward of the of the round casing. This came out of a 93 DM690, supposedly has 50-60k original miles. I have a picture of but it will not load.

Thanks for any help 

If you are describing the front cover, that is normal.    terry:D

If this  is what your asking about, it is the way it should be.

MACK-T2080-Transmission-Assys-WlunLnhqUE5O_f.jpg.aa1e5204479182f9a796adc0ea3791fb.jpg

Update: I did find out that the long input shaft was indeed correct for the truck it came out of. It did have a flywheel mounted PTO.

On 12/8/2017 at 2:09 PM, 41chevy said:

If this  is what your asking about, it is the way it should be.

MACK-T2080-Transmission-Assys-WlunLnhqUE5O_f.jpg.aa1e5204479182f9a796adc0ea3791fb.jpg

That is the shaft I need to install. How hard of a job is it to do? Been told by a shop takes bout an hour 

Yes about an hour or so if you've done one before. I haven't done one in years but it all comes out from the front. Input shaft cover, a snap ring, bearing and second snap ring as I recall. I think there was also a bearing on the main shaft the Input shaft goes on. Need a seal and gasket for the cover and lock tight the bolts. 

Personally for the hour labor I would let a tranny shop do it while you wait.