Last LTL?

h67st

2 hours ago, terry said:

when the ad says call for price, it's gonna be a big one!!    terry:D

Joseph Equipment has quite a few vintage units, all call for price and seems to not want to sell. He has a High Point B81 listed on T.Paper also.

http://www.josephequipment.com/inventory/?/listings/other-items/for-sale/list/category/40000/other-items?pcid=2842383&etid=1&dlr=1&YF=1900&YT=1960&lp=MAT&lo=4

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

17 hours ago, j hancock said:

LTSW is a legit Mack model. 

So, this may be the last "LTSW" but the LTLSW and LTHSW continued until 1956.

So does that mean this is not an LTL? Should he call it an LTSW instead?

The truck is an LTSW.  That is its model identification.   If I was selling it, the Mack would be listed as an LTSW.  Why not give the most accurate description possible?

When introduced in 1950, the LTLSW utilized a tremendous amount of aluminum in its construction and these were features not used in the LTSW.  The LTLSW weighed about 2,000 lbs less than an LTSW.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

So what's the story behind Joseph Equipment?  He always has cool stuff for sale with no prices.  Then when you call or email asking for more info and photos you get no response (even when he says he will send the stuff).  I'm stumped.  If he is a collector, does anyone have photos of his collection?  Would love to see his "keepers" if this is the stuff he's letting go of.  

He has a freedom edition superliner with 800 original miles also...  I have tried dealing with him on other trucks... hard to make a fair deal with someone who doesn't want to deal... his truck lot is a graveyard for most trucks until he gets a price he is happy with if not they just sit there and rot away

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, russell t said:

The off highway KW in the Joseph collection was mine once until in a weak moment I let a "friend" have it and now has  ended up in the NH. The kw looks much more impressive with the rear wheels on, but it is then 10'6" wide.

What is the story on the BM you have? any pics?