I just picked up this book from Amazon. By far one of the best books with information on Mack and its history up to the 1970s

Great book,had mine since the 70's.

• Like 1

I have heard people talk about it but could never find one. The other week I just searched for it and saw Amazon had a few listed for around $15-20

I will have to look for "bulldogs" I was not aware of that one....

Well guys,  I am ancient I guess.   My copy was given to me by Homer Milliken with his business card glued to the inside flap;                            "National Accounts 

Mack Trucks Inc

350 Fifth Ave.

New York, New York 10001"

How about it KSC- when was that office shut down?

In any case, agree great book

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mackdaddy said:

John wanted to do an update some years back and I was told that Volvo would not give him permission? 

That is absolute disgraceful if that is Volvos position. I bet they are worried about the truth being spoken? However I dont see how Volvo can stop him from writing a book.

7 hours ago, yarnall said:

He is on the Mack Museum advisory board and has been talking about the update.  He is working on it.  Hopefully it happens.  

Glad to hear that. I hate reading yet I find his writing style enjoyable

• Like 1

Volvo  i m o is a disgrace to the fine history  of mack and mack trucks all the work mack done on the highway and vocational  side  it's just sad they will go the route of gmc white and Autocar after they were sucked up

Yep, them old days are gone forever...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

You need a fleet of KW's just to keep one on the road. Just kidding.

Service manager at TRI-state KENNELWORTH told me a customer had 5-truck and all 5 were in the shop  o o s .

23 hours ago, mackdaddy said:

last year an employee  sat next to a man on a plane out of Medford, OR. In the conversation he learned that the man.......named Nick owned a trucking business based in Medford. My guy Walt told him about my passion for Mack and the collection of trucks I had and to his surprise Nick told him that his last name was Hewitt and that his grandfather sold his company to Mack. Well needless to say Nick and I met up and he brought a stack of Hewitt Motor papers with him including a copy of the stock transfer when Mack bought the company. He received all of this during a visit to Mack several years ago. He said they treated him like he was royalty. Now you got to ask how could that be his grandfather after all of these years? He told me his father was in his early 60's when he was born. He also had a lot of history about a very large estate that the Hewitt family owned in New Jersey. He started his driving career for an outfit out of Virginia. I will get the company name and update.

He knew nothing about us nuts that restore old trucks and he quickly became a fan and has gone to a couple shows with me. He loves mixing the sticks as he started out in an F model with a tri plex..............sadly he has a fleet of KW's.

update here is an email I got from Nick Hewitt

Oh, and as far as a new Mack goes I received a visit from the new salesmen from Tec Equipment Tim Martin. I told him I had been in one and really liked it but a factory build weight of 18,900 was a bit much. The T680's I have came in at 17,200 and the new ones I just specked out with Paul have a build weight of 16,900. I gave Tim the Kenworth spec sheet and told him if he could get within 200 lbs of the Kenworth I would try a new Anthem. I hope he does. I will make it my personal truck! That was a week ago. As of this writing  I have not heard from him.

Come on Mack................step up and make it happen!!!

• Like 1