Whiskymack

Lubefiner/oil filter question

I've always been curious about the Luberfiner thing, too.  Seems I only see them with a Cummins.  Were they ever offered with other engines?  If not, why not?

I'm not a Mack expert, but I worked on Cummins and Cat for years. The Luberfiner was an aftermarket piece; you could order it on a new truck but not everyone wanted them. The old 673 Macks had an oil filter that looks very much like a Luberfiner, but the housing is shorter.

Thanks for the pictures and the link.

I think I have it covered now. I guess the oil filter is the white one on the right side.

In the picture FreightTrain posted the Oil filters are shown below the turbo charger. Same location on the photo of your model engine.   And yes the external cowl mounted filter/luberfinder seen on some Mack Westerns was an added option.

Lets see more of this model you are building... I really enjoy the detail in your builds. hope all is well

That is the oil cooler they are attached to, just like a Mack motor(but on the drivers side of motor).

By the looks of your current motor, it has a single oil filter attached to the cooler.    Not sure how accurate you are wanting to make it.

Your model looks incredible!!! I love how the exhaust manifold and turbo have been "heated."  Show us more pics of that or anything else you have built!!! 

• Like 1

Thankyou  1958 F.W.D. Here are some links to my previous model posts. Lmackattack, all's well with me thanks. I'll post some more pictures of the one above soon when I've got it finished. All the best.

• Like 1

Whisky what is the brand name of your model kit? It looks great! I've only built one truck model was a peterbilt! Was many years ago,but I was an adult, I think it was a Revell kit.

All most every truck I drove in the eighties had a lubefiner  ,most had then mounted on the frame behind the cab and under the body. Dump,trash,box or flatbed .

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, BillyT said:

Whisky what is the brand name of your model kit? It looks great! I've only built one truck model was a peterbilt! Was many years ago,but I was an adult, I think it was a Revell kit.

Started out as AMT and ERTL with lots of modifications. Back in the 70's and 80's AMT covered all the major US truck brands and some of the lesser ones as well. ERTL did a couple of Macks and a few Internationals.