2007 AMI 370

OldRedMack

Question

18 hours ago, OldRedMack said:

Well I have had the truck working for about a week after the new program and updates to the pedal.  And the truck still seems off to me, so I decide to pressure check the intake myself today.  Keep in mind that Macks own dyno procedures say that they are supposed to pressure check the fuel and Intake, which they apparently did not! Because today when I checked it, the number 4 cylinder on the intake manifold gasket is leaking as fast as you can put air in.  So I'm getting it fixed tomorrow and can't wait to see what the truck does with full boost.  I wish I would have done that first like yall said, and I'm thoroughly disappointed that mack did not.

The new intake gaskets are steel core and wont blow out like the old ones.  I dont know when they phased in the new gaskets.  

Time for another update.  I got the intake gasket changed, boost and pyro installed.  It's running a lot quieter, I've had boost up to 40psi, and pyro is usually 600-700 but has gone up to 1k on hard pull.  Running a lot better but feels like there is still more to give, so I ordered a set of injectors from K&S.  Hopefully I will have them by the weekend and see what she runs like then.

Alright, after six new injectors from k&s, we went to the 427/460 nozzle and holders. 2 new eups, number 6 was acting up and I snapped the screws off of number 1 trying to swap them out to see if there was a difference. And a k&n air filter, I have a smooth running truck putting out 44psi of boost, with no smoke running empty.  I have not put a load on it yet since getting it all done today.  Fun thing is that I never had an eup code or a skip/miss until I put the new injectors in.

The truck runs great now, it is actually fun to drive.  It spools up fast and if your on boost when you hit a hill you won' even notice that you had to climb.  Only thing left to do now is get rid of the t310mlr and get a fuller 8ll with some better gear ratios in the tranny.

On 10/30/2017 at 10:28 AM, Mackpro said:

I take that back. your AMI-370 has 1480 torque. The AI-400 has 1360. And the 427 has 1460 ft pounds of torque. So really , going to a 427 you will gain HP but loose some  torque. I think Id first get the Step 12B done and also any other software update for the EECU and VECU and try that. Get a good boost pressure guage and see that your in the 28-36 psi spec. 

AMI-370 looks like a good spec. Not only is it the only AI engine with more torque than every engine except AI-460, at the sweet spot (1,700 to 1,900 RPM) the AMI-370 holds 405 horsepower. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

I have been really happy with it, nothing like catching a cat powered pete or kw on a hill or at a red light and then running away from them as they look at you in bewilderment.  One of these days I'm going to get it dynoed again and see what she is really doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2018 at 3:33 PM, OldRedMack said:

I have been really happy with it, nothing like catching a cat powered pete or kw on a hill or at a red light and then running away from them as they look at you in bewilderment.  One of these days I'm going to get it dynoed again and see what she is really doing.

You ever Dyno it O.R.M.?

No I havent yet, been too busy.  And also the mack dealer in Atlanta moved buildings and left the dyno behind because they never used it on the new trucks, and I havent really had time to look around and find another shop with a dyno.  If anyone in BMT world knows who has a dyno in Atlanta I would love to know.

I have a 2007 Cv713 with a Moffet and a Knuckle bloom attached and a 18 foot flat bed sometimes loaded with up to 20,000 in weight. How can I add some more power to my truck? I’ve seen the heavy duty Diesel tuner for $1700 but I see you guys talking about the 12B how do I update my software? Currently have 235,xxx miles on mine I work for a company who is willing to pay for the upgrades if it’s reasonable so I’m taking some time to look into this. 

23 minutes ago, MayorMC said:

I have a 2007 Cv713 with a Moffet and a Knuckle bloom attached and a 18 foot flat bed sometimes loaded with up to 20,000 in weight. How can I add some more power to my truck? I’ve seen the heavy duty Diesel tuner for $1700 but I see you guys talking about the 12B how do I update my software? Currently have 235,xxx miles on mine I work for a company who is willing to pay for the upgrades if it’s reasonable so I’m taking some time to look into this. 

I bought an 05 and put in an E7 exhaust, 5” GR pipes, injectors from K&S and a borg warner S467 with a billet wheel.

What color is your engine? Mach Tech can probably help you out for some beer.

On 10/26/2019 at 10:45 PM, MayorMC said:

Scroll back to page 1 and click AI link. It’s a step by step. Don’t be too quick to go tuner till you get your hard parts converted as per thread. PM Mackpro with your vin and he may be able to check your software level. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, Mack Technician said:

Scroll back to page 1 and click AI link. It’s a step by step. Don’t be too quick to go tuner till you get your hard parts converted as per thread. PM Mackpro with your vin and he may be able to check your software level. 

I have to say that link was an absolute treat to see. I just purchased a 2007 CV713 with a AMI 370 10spd with camelback suspension from an auction. It hasnt arrived yet but I am super excited about getting it in top shape wit the help from your infomation. I am curious if my engine has had the software upgrade? I paid 9k for it at auction and im starting to feel like I got lucky! It has 313k miles. 

Edit: Realized I have to PM MackPro and ask about software.

Edited by ivanuke
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ivanuke said:

I have to say that link was an absolute treat to see. I just purchased a 2007 CV713 with a AMI 370 10spd with camelback suspension from an auction. It hasnt arrived yet but I am super excited about getting it in top shape wit the help from your infomation. I am curious if my engine has had the software upgrade? The VIN number is 1M2AG11YX7M052387. I paid 9k for it at auction and im starting to feel like I got lucky! It has 313k miles. 

Edit: Realized I have to PM MackPro and ask about software.

It’s equipped as a dump?

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 7:39 PM, Joby said:

Hi guys I would like to know about mack 2006  ami 370 specs Super 18 dump truck.it that a good engine to pull 24 tons. 

Seen guys like Oilfield Trash pulling ridiculous loads with it...… per our conversation....

Hi jason ! Finally was able to get the old girl finished up today and header  Mack for a reflash tomorrow.  Ami-370 is what I told him  I wanted. I also told him I wanted to make sure 12-b was taken care of too. He was a little vague on what exactly happened in the reflash. Will it include all available updates? Never been flashed since new he said,  or do I need to be more specific? Haven't had a chance yet to drive it yet but it sounds completely different and seems to run so much easier!  Would you have any other thoughts while it's at the dealer? Thanks for your help jason ! Tom

Hi Jason,  yes following the threads to a t, plus a few additional upgrades.  The tractor and float empty weighs 43,270,  base is 76,000, pump and doghouse are about 65,000 each so 120,000 ish when loaded. 25% is off highway the rest is 2 and 4 lane highway. Off highway usually includes 1 955 cat dragging or winching on the front sometimes 1 or 2 more on the rear pushing.  This winter has been extremely muddy! 

Will get the truck back in the morning from the reflash but if the trip over was any indication of what we're going to wind up with , it will be awesome  ! The driver told me he didn't think he was even in the same truck.  Granted he was bobtail but said he can't wait to get a dozer on the low boy tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes Jason! Again your alls guidance has made me look really good  ! Thanks!

Hi Jason! Yes driver says like a different truck!  I followed him in with the lowboy,  backhoe, and a pump. Figured a gvw of 70,000 if I knew how to do it I'd send you a picture of the speedo,  cruise set on 72 never ever been able to use it other than bobtail before.  Did have a couple of questions,  other than low speed lugging or initial take off hardly any smoke.  Not real worried about that , pyro peaks at about 850. I used a wasegated turbo with the line blocked off, am I overloading on boost causing a derate ? Going to check boost and fuel pressure monday. Curious about pressure boost low 30's ok ? Fuel pressure? Just want to make sure I'm where I need to be ! Thanks jason !

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 7:50 PM, Joby said:

mack ami 370 specs ??

Read in a ways and the specs are all there....