$1200 Autocar

41chevy

6 hours ago, j hancock said:

Quit smirking!  You are having way too much fun!

That's not a smirk that's a wind blown smile. 

5 hours ago, BillyT said:

41, there is a really solid looking 71 Diamond Reo Cabover in West Alec. On Altoona Pa Craigslist said to run and drive 318 Detroit 13 sped,5745.00

The only reason the AutoCar interests me is most all  is the cab, tin and chassis parts fit both of mine. My rack body  has a A/C 21000 360 h.p. and my tractor has a Cummins 1710VTA  in it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

I was  thinking   put in at williamsburg you can run from there to  ny 0r miami & lots of stops in between

Yeah mostly for fuel.  Running at high cruise on calm water it'll burn 50 to 60 gallons an hour. Take it into the ocean it'll burn 70 to 90 an hour. It only has twin tanks with balance pumps to move the C/G for a total cap of 230 gallons of 101 octane Marine gas at $4.08 a gallon.

If we spend $36,000 for new 570 GM crate motors (1280 h.p. as opposed to current 950 h.p.) with Injection It will burn less fuel, but the hull is a 1968 and it's not worth it without going to Kevlar mods. One of the Big Blocks will probably go in my Valkrye in place of the 383.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

21 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Yeah mostly for fuel.  Running at high cruise on calm water it'll burn 50 to 60 gallons an hour. Take it into the ocean it'll burn 70 to 90 an hour. It only has twin tanks with balance pumps to move the C/G for a total cap of 230 gallons of 101 octane Marine gas at $4.08 a gallon.

If we spend $36,000 for new 570 GM crate motors (1280 h.p. as opposed to current 950 h.p.) with Injection It will burn less fuel, but the hull is a 1968 and it's not worth it without going to Kevlar mods. One of the Big Blocks will probably go in my Valkrye in place of the 383.

sounds like a plan

I never had the chance to work on one of those when I was twisting wrenches at the boat shop, but I wish I had. Going that kind of speed on the water is unbelievable. I remember hanging off the back of bass boats doing 60+ mph while working on the outboards and feeling like we were going 100.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

On 10/28/2017 at 7:53 AM, fxfymn said:

I never had the chance to work on one of those when I was twisting wrenches at the boat shop, but I wish I had. Going that kind of speed on the water is unbelievable. I remember hanging off the back of bass boats doing 60+ mph while working on the outboards and feeling like we were going 100.

Did you ever run in or work on a Donzi Sweet 16?

P.T.CHESHIRE

Probably not. The dealership where I worked was small and we mostly sold small pleasure boats and ocean fishing boats with an occasional bass and jet boat thrown in. Our primary boat was Sea Bird, a very well made ocean fishing boat. 

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 weeks later...

41, my youngest son was a yacht builder, worked for the parent company that built Donzis in Homasossa springs Florida, they had a series of bumps on the hull which created bubbles that the hull rode on which reduced friction and helped the thing slip thru the water,very cool especially when you're trying to outrun the coast guard with a load of drugs!😁

23 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

how did the trip back from tenn. go?

One giant nightmare! Camper  was burned behind the stack and flexing so I tarped and strapped it. Made everything worse, it started to collapse on it self with every bump and losing pieces. Paid a  guy in a salvage yard $200 to rip the camper off with a back hoe and make it go away. Turned into from a 7 hour to a 15 hour trip.

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 10/30/2017 at 8:44 AM, fxfymn said:

Probably not. The dealership where I worked was small and we mostly sold small pleasure boats and ocean fishing boats with an occasional bass and jet boat thrown in. Our primary boat was Sea Bird, a very well made ocean fishing boat. 

This was ours 16feet Holman Moody built 427 Small Block 465 h.p. in a 1500 lb boat. Calm water around a foot of the stern of the hull in the water

donzi-sweet-16-145018.thumb.jpg.bb203c3af24a6c196cb9501a08b9af2e.jpg

5a0bc7c20a331_donziholmanmoody427s.block.thumb.jpg.4cf2d3d519f28fa26bfaa27359791dc6.jpg

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 years later...