$1200 Autocar

41chevy

8 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Certain to pull a bass boat and not lose on hills.

My 2015 Dodge 5500 pick up  tows our Scarab on a 3 axle trailer  with out even a sweat (i will not call it a Ram)

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

5 hours ago, j hancock said:

The Ritz does have valet service though....

Yeah and the Ritz Laguna Nigel is gonna have cable TV so I can watch "Ice Road Truckers."  (No not really...)  But at least I can have carrot ginger soup, truffle chimichurri, and morita glazed pork belly with my Christmas dinner.   And of course the Candied Pomegranate with my desser.

So with a 20% tip and if you stiff the valet, a famiy of 4 could eat dinner for about $600.00.  Yikes!

Raya_Christmas_2017 (1).pdf

Edited by grayhair

On 10/25/2017 at 7:55 PM, grayhair said:

Yo, '41, how about a photo of that Scarab boat? 

It's not all that nice. The engines are very tired and there is no place to run it near us in Va, so I will probably strip the engines and gauges out and put it in the corner of the barn.

DSC01752.JPG.c91b22dbc5cc8813cb3ddb4ef0b5983d.JPG

DSC01753.JPG.c4ca511557c1c50635de4b13c52b3302.JPG

wellcraft-scarab-iii-1067512.thumb.jpg.2a099d40fce63a451f79b25c978a00ac.jpg

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 minutes ago, grayhair said:

That Scarab looks pretty nice.  I bet that thing can move out, tired engines or not!

It will top out at 82 at 5300 rpm , with 3 blade 33 degree props. It is 38 feet long.  a tad to fast for trolling though.

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's not all that nice. The engines are very tired and there is no place to run it near us in Va, so I will probably strip the engines and gauges out and put it in the corner of the barn.

Nice ride. It could be the fastest runner on Lake Anna. There's big money in moving product from louisa to Spotsylvania dont'cha know.

Seriously, I bet you couldn't run more than a few miles anywhere on the coast without the Coast Guard taking an interest in you.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

4 hours ago, fxfymn said:

Nice ride. It could be the fastest runner on Lake Anna. There's big money in moving product from louisa to Spotsylvania dont'cha know.

Seriously, I bet you couldn't run more than a few miles anywhere on the coast without the Coast Guard taking an interest in you.

Up on Long Island we'd come out of Port Jefferson Harbor and head west  dead center of the Long Island Sound wide open and always pick up a Coast Guard or County heli following us for a bit. The Donzi we had was worse, we could out run the Coast Guard heli on smooth water. Sweet 16 Donzi repowered from a 318 to a 440. Jacuzzi jet drive, 574 h.p. in 16 feet of glass, good for a radar clock 119 mph.  Good toy until we hit a foam lobster buoy at  speed and punched a big hole in the hull. Made big turns at  speed and ran it on the beach in Mount Sinai Harbor

My wife says I'm an Adrenalin junkie. I figure I  just don't enough to pay for my sins.  I keep cheating the reaper since 1971 .

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE