Sign in to follow this  
TimberJack

AC 427 swap to E7 427

Did you change front engine cover so that the ac compressor was on the left side And did you have to change anything else 

Nope I used the lines off my wrecked 2003. The AC motor had a electric fan and the E7 was air but it works fine. I did have to use fan shroud off the 03. 

The only difference I seen on the harness was the AC harness had two more pin in the plug. 

That's good info to know. Be nice to buy a newer truck with the newer cab (inside) and swap everything out of my 2000 CL and into a 2004 if I wanted to. Hmmmm 

Timberjack,

Do you have pictures of how the 2003 harness plugs into the firewall? Or is does is just plug into the old slot for 2004 harness.

Great info for 2004 CH ASET owners who may consider ETECH swap, backdating, etc.  

Timberjack,

A full documentation of the process, pictures, etc. will help the community (especially in the wiring and ECU department). Many have struggled with the ASET, and as these ASET trucks age and/or need engines, all in the community will benefit from the knowledge on installing earlier E7s to keep our trucks rolling.  Other forums do such educational topic all the time: I will like to encourage any others with additional info, expertise to please chime in. Thanks in advance.

WOW!! :thumb::D:rolleyes:   ....Build a dedicated thread on BMT for the BETTERMENT OF MACKIND!!!

While your brain is fresh from the fight.

Edited by Mack Technician

The plug on the firewall for the engine harness is the same. The Aset harness only had two more pin in the plug. I did use the transmission harness that went with the Etech. I did not touch any thing in the dash just plugged the Etech harness in. The lightning bolt on the dash is on and it’s a 1-4 code ambient air temp sensor with the E7 doesn’t have. I haven’t pulled a load with it yet, plan on it this weekend. I will take some pictures and post for y’all. 

TimberJack,

Any update on pulling a load (power)? Plus anyone has idea an what to do to clear the lightening bolt, and the 1-4 code? 

We’ll finally got to pull a load with truck yesterday. Did a great job, someone said the E7 has a Ambient air temp sensor but where is it located at? 

4 hours ago, TimberJack said:

We’ll finally got to pull a load with truck yesterday. Did a great job, someone said the E7 has a Ambient air temp sensor but where is it located at? 

The ambient are temp sensor is located on the front cross member on drivers side. Its a green  sensor in front of the radiator. This option can be turned off by a reflash from a dealership 

Edited by Mackpro

I wonder if I can get one from a parts store? Does anyone know the part number for a Ambient air temp sensor

Ran the truck all day and had a code come up 6-7 power relay. What is this?