E tech vIII 400 upgrades?

frantzevan

I just picked up a 99 Rd tri axle with a 400 and a 12spd. The motor seems weak even coming from my slightly modified 285 with a 6spd. I was wondering what aftermarket upgrades would net me the most power increase. I understand my turbo and injectors are maxed out from the factory standpoint. The 427 and 460 have the bigger turbo, injectors and the key way cam for timing. I've read positive things about the blixxton 200 modular but I feel maybe stage 2 or 2.5 injectors from Rochester diesel may be the best bang for my buck. The modular is 1400 and the injectors are 1k. I really don't have the extra funds to do both so I don't know which way to go.  I was wondering if anyone else has done tuning on this particular setup. The truck seems to be running fine just needs to be running a little hotter. I've yet to put a load on it but empty I was seeing 23psi of boost. 

Boost pressure seem somewhat OK. Kinda low though.  Be sure to pressure test complete intake system. Early ETECHs had problems with intake gaskets blowing. New gaskets are steel core. The air compressor intake is also on the boost side ( pressurized) and is known to leak off boost .  Adjust valves, Check air cleaner and muffler. Check fuel pressure  going into block, should be 80-100 psi

scan0598.pdf