Fire service engines

Our last years Pumpers have DEF tanks and low DEF warnings.  they do not de-rate if the DEF is filled within a few days. I am not sure what happens if you ignore the warning, I will ask one of our Chauffeurs next time I am in the Firehouse. Retired but still stop in a few times a month.

The new apparatus will not de-rate if pumping or the aerial is in use. However they will de-rate during responses or while driving. Our training guy from Pierce last year had a Detroit slide in the program, describing regen issues. If the apparatus is pumping, it will not de-rate or regen. It will, I quote "PROVIDE FULL POWER TO THE GRAVE". I'm not gunna lie...that quote made me smile!!

On a side note, we bought a Detroit DD13 @ 515HP. It has been a very good power plant so far. Unlike many of the newer motors it has great low end and provides excellent power throughout the full RPM range. Very strong engine brake (Jacobs), and no regen or emissions issues to date. We will be taking delivery of our second one in January.