230,000 LB load

m16ty

Here is a load we helped with back in the spring. Going from Nashville, TN to somewhere in Mexico. Perkins was just taking it to Laredo, TX where they transloaded it to a Mexican outfit.  230,000 LB, 16' wide, 90' long, and 15' tall.

autoclave1.JPG

autoclave2.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Freightrain said:

TN to Mexico??   Ya, I bet that was CHEAP!!!   LOL!!!  Just think of all the logistics that took place for that to get there.

Simple and cheap..... just use the google map app on your phone and it tells you what route to take. you can avoid toll roads and all that neat stuff...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gxbxc said:

Yea but look at the jobs lost in Nashville at Avco aero structures  selling it or moving it mexcio

This autoclave had been shut down for a few years. But yes, the plant is nowhere near what it was. 

At the height of WWII, about 6,000 people worked there. Until recent years, there were about 3,000. Now I think they are less than 500.

• Sad 1

On 10/12/2017 at 7:38 PM, m16ty said:

This autoclave had been shut down for a few years. But yes, the plant is nowhere near what it was. 

At the height of WWII, about 6,000 people worked there. Until recent years, there were about 3,000. Now I think they are less than 500.

Common story... When I ride around, I'm always looking at the new cars in traffic and thinking to myself, "Where the hell are all these people working?"

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.