H62X Global Ford Cargo Heavy Truck Emerges

kscarbel2

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

I have to say, I rarely see any L8000 and L9000 trucks on the road today

You still see a fair few down here,..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I have to say, I rarely see any L8000 and L9000 trucks on the road today. Most were owned by the fleets (alike GMC Brigadiers), who purged them many years ago during their routine equipment upgrades.

An evolved-forward HN80 could stand with any North American truck on the market today. Don't you agree Bob?

Kevin- given the fact they are over 20 years old, I still see a good number around here-for sure, plenty of LN-8000 fuel  oil trucks-not surprising given the fact IMO they owned the household delivery market here in the Northeast-plus they are parked pretty much for 6 mos. a year.  Also plenty of Louisvilles still in construction service around here. 

As for an evolved HN 80-and I'm thinking vocational-just like the R/RD -they would stand out in a crowd of OTR tractors posing as vocational trucks😎

I do agree with TS7-I can't imagine anyone is waiting for a class 8 cab over from Ford or anyone else-but I do think Ford is missing the boat by not bringing that LCF Cargo here in class 7 or even 8 as a vocational tandem.

But I guess I'm living in the past

I just saw two yesterday a triaxle and a longnose tractor hauling a lowboy with equipment on it. Nice to see something different. Back in the dark ages my boss bought a ford conventional with a cummins a 350 maybe it was 35 years ago but i liked driving that truck.

Daimler has the parts, if the dealer wants to look, some do.  There are no new parts being made that I know of. They want to kill Ford trucks off for good, they are not having much luck. Kscarbel  there are a lot Fords running still, may be not in over the road, but in construction and farm use. I know of more than few Ford owners that rebuilt trucks out of other Ford trucks. I would bet that there are more old Ford trucks running in Michigan than there older Mack trucks. Mack trucks get exported, Fords stay here.  

7 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Kevin-Now what is this one-?  Not the big one due to be introduced in Sept.  Never saw this before in any of the Ford  world sites???

Same new H62X, Bob. But regarding the grille and headlamp modules, this one has (high level trim package) silver trim around the perimeter absent from the blue truck in the other photo.

5 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Same new H62X, Bob. But regarding the grille and headlamp modules, this one has (high level trim package) silver trim around the perimeter absent from the blue truck in the other photo.

thx Kevin-somehow cab looked smaller to me in that shot-but in any case very "aero" and clean vs so many of the others that IMO are not.

• 2 weeks later...

Ford Cargo's cousin? Jiangling Weilong wide body exposure

Gou Shengzu, 360 Truck  /  July 21, 2018

Since the debut of the Jiangling (JMC) “Weilong” (Veyron) heavy tractor in Shanghai in April 2017, a product of the Ford-JMC joint venture, the truck has been a hot topic in truck circles.

Since the current models of the Jiangling Veyron are all narrow-body cabs, it seems a little regrettable for most people. However, on July 19th, we received news that a number of brand new Jiangling heavy trucks were conducting undisguised road tests in Chongqing (aka. Chungking). Could it be that the wide-body version is coming?

After a few phone calls, we headed to Chongqing to see the new Jiangling wide-body 6x4 tractor. Yes, this is the new generation JH62X Jiangling tractor based on the all-new global market H62X Ford Cargo.

Based on my understanding, the new generation Jiangling heavy tractor features a 420 horsepower as standard, with a 470 horsepower rating as an option.

If the previous Jiangling narrow-body model looks like a muscular man, then this new generation is more like the handsome European and American tough guys. Just the right lines outline a more three-dimensional silhouette, and the side waistline is the finishing touch.

Of course, I think everyone is more concerned about what has changed in the wide-body cab. Let's look at a few pictures with you. I believe that everyone has found that the wide-body version of the cab has undergone a large-scale adjustment, especially in terms of "space", which is two completely different styles than before.

The central control of the wide-body model is completely different from the previously ceremonial button layout. Moreover, the previously controversial sleeper has also undergone new adjustments.

In terms of powertrain, The new truck ushers in a new upgrade in the power. The new engine series is designated JX6D13, and is derived from Ford technology.

Just like the new Ford H62X tractor that was exposed in Europe recently, the new generation of Jiangling tractors is full of European touches, and has obvious differences with most China domestic heavy tractors. One area that has undergone significant change is the layout [packaging] of the chassis.

Currently, the vehicles are being tested in Jiulongpo, Chongqing. We’ll bring you more more detailed introduction as we follow the JH62X’s development.

Photo 5.jpg

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Here we can compare the styling of global market H62X and the China market JH62X from the Jiangling-Ford heavy truck joint venture.

Featuring a European standard 2.5-meter-wide cab, flat floor design, and Euro-6 capable 12.7-liter Ford Ecotorq engine rated up to 500 horsepower, paired with the superb ZF Traxon transmission, the truck is ready for sale in the European Union (EU), North America and all other global markets.

Interestingly, Ford Trucks plans to introduce its own proprietary AMT heavy truck transmission for the new Cargo by 2020.

High definition photos here - https://iepieleaks.nl/first-photos-of-new-heavy-ford-truck/

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 5.jpg