1980 Peterbilt 359 International Transport

Ol2Stroker

Wayne

Gudday m8

Very informative post................. Gr8 job .......................well dun

through experience I have found that fuel hoses need to B acceptable to diesel az many people just put a stock standard hose in

that = trubles down the road wen the rubber brakes down n clogs the fuel system

I do use the old fittings to the hose ends... wen all iz OK

n Remember

Ifn U aint screemin .....U're only dreemn

cya

§wishy

Edited by Swishy

13 hours ago, alex g said:

Cool looking old Pete. What's the story on it sitting so long.

Been through 2 sets of hands that wanted it for a project but nobody ever did anything with it. Not sure why it was originally parked but I've gotta hunch I'm going to find out! lol. I believe it needs an air compressor for starters.

• Like 1

Oh man I’m hearing you about the mice. I park my truck out in the sticks and occasionally we get the odd mouse in the truck. I was trying to sleep one night when I heard a russeling and felt a little bastard run over me. Needless to say, I made a few miles that night. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, gxbxc said:

you think the mouse keep you awake ,think 6 foot rat snake dropping onto your shoulder and crossing your body on it way to the floor, NO ONE slept in that bunker for a month

If you have snakes you don't have mice. At least snakes don't eat insulation and leave crap everywhere.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I'm surprised the mice didn't chew the wiring into oblivion. That was a big plus.

I'd set a couple of traps around the rig as well since they always seem to come right back. Once something smells "mousey" they never seem to go away.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Put peanut butter on the bait stick. Lasts forever and they have to work to get it so the trap goes off.

I have never seemed to attract mice with a trap since I have traps that will not go off for months at a time, but then one will wander in and set it off. And my experience is once they have had a nest in a place they will keep coming back no matter what you do to clean it up.

I've tried all of the commonly recommended deterrents like moth balls, dryer sheets, etc. and none of them seem to work. The only way to get rid of them is to close up every possible way they have to get in; an almost impossible task in something like a truck with holes for wiring, etc.

You really want to get pissed? Wait until you spend hours cleaning the little rascals out, leave the truck for awhile and then get covered with mouse shit when you turn on the defroster and it blows out a nest in the air duct going up to the windshield.

I like the comments about mice versus snakes, but wasn't very shortly ago some were making pro comments about somebody posting pics. of what looked like a king snake or rat snake (dead) which both are great mouse killers but somehow a harmless snake eating mice that ruin the interior of anything left outside was better than letting the HARMLESS snake do his job,  and then qouting the bible to justify ones actions ????  serpent is not a snake, snake would still fall under gods creation if you follow that believe that god created and the things didn't evolve. either way I'd rather have snakes than mice. :D

We have a rather large black snake in our herb garden. No mice around anymore and I love to watch the wife do a track star imitation every time she weeds the garden and the snake comes out to say hello.