Gerharts show next week. Who's going?

Freightrain

18 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

what are the specific dates for this show

The show is actually Saturday October 7th but many will arrive on Friday afternoon and stay for the Food Fest on Friday night.  Saturday is the best day to be there.  If the weather is nice, lots of Macks.  So far the weather forecast looks good so should be a good turnout.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

53 minutes ago, farmer52 said:

The show is actually Saturday October 7th but many will arrive on Friday afternoon and stay for the Food Fest on Friday night.  Saturday is the best day to be there.  If the weather is nice, lots of Macks.  So far the weather forecast looks good so should be a good turnout.

thanks   might be able to make it sat

I'm moving to just come over Friday and get in some time early afternoon.   My friend in Carlisle has not called back and don't know what he has going on and if we could even meet up.   I have some transmission parts I need and figured I could just get them since I was over that way.  If that falls through, I might as well not drive over Thurs and just sit around by myself all evening.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

8 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I'm moving to just come over Friday and get in some time early afternoon.   My friend in Carlisle has not called back and don't know what he has going on and if we could even meet up.   I have some transmission parts I need and figured I could just get them since I was over that way.  If that falls through, I might as well not drive over Thurs and just sit around by myself all evening.

Unless something changes I will be there Turdsday after lunch.  Let me know if you want someone to hang with on Turdsday evening.  I have not heard from anyone else that will be there on Turdsday.

Ken

Freightrain, farmer52,    If u guys get bored Thursday I have to work at night, but your welcome to come  to my place & get my B ready so it can  go for the drive Saturday.    I'm still waiting on a fuel line though.   

4 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Once again I proved Google Maps Sux!!!!!!!!

I made it to Gerharts,  just barely!!

Not google.   It's the way we lay are roads out in central Pa.   I can drive 5 minutes from my house where I lived my hole life and start getting confused.  We have so many little back roads up here its kinda like a spiders web.    

Although I been to Gerhart's many times, I use my Garmin to track miles and do program destinations for the "health of it".  But from PA green stamp....Route 72 north to Route 322 east to Route 501 south to Newport Road.  Turn left at Shittz (second light south of 322), go to next light which is Brunnerville Road, turn left, and go about 1 mile north.  Simple!  About the only things Google is good for are SEARCH and visual maps.

Larry - Google knew it was your first visit to the Lancaster area so it wanted to give you the grand tour.  You were likely places some of locals never been.  But bottom line is you made it SAFELY!  Enjoy the show, weather is looking good (short of some showers last night).

Yesterday I cleaned the bugs off the windshield, today I get to clean the "road crap" off the back of the cab from bobtailing in the rain.

Ken

I may or may not make an appearance. I have scored a part time job inspecting electrical meters that PP & L is replacing throughout central and eastern Pennsylvania, and I will be in the area on Saturday working, but I get paid per inspection so I need to get the numbers in before I can screw off. If I can get them in I may grace everyone with my presence LOL 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

What a fantastic show!! My first time!! I had to work the part time job doing some electrical inspections in Harrisburg, and planned on coming down after that so Large made the trip with me. We did 17 inspections in Hbg, and then headed down to Lititz around 1230, but as it turns out my inspections list had a bunch of addressed in Lititz including right there on Brunnerville Road, so we hit those two and parked at the show, walked around and swapped lies I mean talked to everyone including Ron, Doug, Ken and got to meet the famous notorious Larry "Freightrain." What a cool guy! Let Large sit in the dragster!!! I think Large may have had something bite him because he was talking about the dragster on the way home!!! 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Great show!  Other than a few sprinkles on Friday evening (enough to crap up the roads) the weather cooperated.  About time since the past two (2) years were a "wash out".

Lots of trucks.  I heard 128 were registered but there were several others that were not registered (I will not mention any names).

Nice turnout of BMTers...Barry, Freightrain, FWD, Doug M, Baby Mack, Alex G, Dave I, Back in Black, JT, Underdog, yarnall, Firemack, and I am sure I missed someone.  There were likely other BMTers lurking around.  Al did his infamous burnout on Saturday afternoon.

I left early Saturday evening to drive back to the farm to beat the rain, an uneventful but somewhat expensive trip ($32.50 on the PA green stamp).  Apology to Larry for letting you "hang" by yourself on Saturday evening.  Hopefully you got a good night's sleep without the neighbor's blaring TV.

• Like 2

Ken

49 minutes ago, Brocky said:

How is Vinny doing?? We have not heard much from him lately.

Vinny is busy "working" on a farm and I forget where else.  He said still working on the U when he has time.  He did not mention anything about "girls" but I have my doubts! :) 

Ken

Need to put a shout out to Dave, the owner of the Red B61SX that I ran Friday afternoon.  For the life I can't say his last name.  Met him a few years back at our Ashland show.  He always has the B and plays in the dirt with it.  It is a show stopper restoration but he is not afraid to get it dirty.  I had fun, til my hands were getting sore from hacking at that steering wheel for a few hours.  With no power assist, those 12x24 tires are NOT easy to move, especially with 55K lbs of dirt in the back!  I told Dave that he needs to upgrade LOL!

I was up looking around the dirt pile and he came over and asked if I would run the truck.  He runs the shovel and his wife likes to run the dozer.  He says with no one to run the truck, his wife gets bored with no dirt to push.   It is just a big boys sand box with full size toys.

Here it is from a couple years back.  Dave installed a 237 so it really pulls up that hill MUCH easier then with the old 711.  I was making the same basic loop.

I also ran into the "Boston Bandit" Rick Sousa from ATHS.  He typically has his two tone green A model KW.   He was riding with his friend with the red B tanker.  He told me he hoped not to have to get a rabies shot LOL!!!

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"