2000 CL E7-427 upgrades

2000CL713

hi. im a new member here. been looking at this site for a few weeks now and though id join. 

i have a 2000 CL713 dumptruck with E7-427 and eaton 8spd. coming up on 600.000 miles. iv owned it for almost 10 years. just about every opt other then the wood dash and power windows. has all gauges. dual exhaust. alum air tanks. alum battery box covers. full length steps. dual alum 100gal tanks (think they are 100? cant recall). alum rims on 24.5 tires. lighted and heated mirrors.... and so forth....  you get the idea lol 

im wanting to get some more power out of it without blowing it up obviously (lol). whats the safe number to shoot for and how would i go by getting there? as in what things should i do to it upgrades wise. i been reading on there but its a bit confusing on what i can and cant do and what parts to use or not to use since some years and models need to swap this or that. 

any help would be grateful! 

Edited by 2000CL713

new resized.jpg

Good thing is you have a regular ETECH engine.  Better  thing is your already at the 427 HP  level.  On the ETECH engine ( pre-CCRS and pre-ASET)  the 427 and 460 and 460XT use the exact same turbo, injectors and cam key way. So really a factory HP download upgrade to 460 HP would be easy if you have a good dealership to work with. They can submit a HP change request  via E-service. I dont know if Mack is still doing the 460XT program. We do lots of HP upgrades but now mostly on red motors. 

Edited by Mackpro

I ran the 75hp injectors from K+S for 4 years without any issues. About a month ago I put Rochester's stage 2.5 injectors in and new eups my driver said he about had to learn to drive it again it made a big difference. I'm driving a 355/380 with injectors from Antrim Diesel and 460 turbo I will loose 18 to 20 mph on the same hill my driver said he looses 2 mph

How much HP you think you where pushing with that setup? Also any reason why you went with the stage 2.5 over stage 3?

Was there  reason why you swapped all the eup? Did you need new ones or are they needed for the modified injectors?

Edited by 2000CL713

new resized.jpg

I  have a 2000 Rd with a 400hp stock motor. Added super flow injectors (90 hp increase) and only changed the turbo to a 427 (which you already have) giving me around 490 with no other changes. Very few tri-axles  around can run with it. My mileage is a lot lower, about 300,000.  A friend has a 525 Cat and one day I was running with him and I out pulled him on a long hill. So either mine runs better or his runs weaker.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I changed the eup's because I had put some used 1's in in the past and never had the cal code done on them and some were leaking a little fuel also had 2 or 3 people tell me they got week over time mine probaly had a million plus miles. I belive I sent my old 100hp injectors from K&S to Rochester for cores and they compaired to there's and said 2.5 were just a little bigger and the stage 3s you would need to watch your egt's and water temp

I see. Stg3 wouldn't be for me then if I do go down that road. Living in FL my truck runs in hot weather 100% of the time. Don't want to do something that will make it worse. Would consider stg2.5 to be a reliable stg for my motor or would you have gone a diff route if you could do it all over again? 

My eups are orignal with about 600k on them. 

new resized.jpg

1. I have not run the Rochester injectors long enough to know how reliable they are going to be. I ran the K&S 100hp injectors and did have a few of them split the tips. the Rochester 2.5 are supposed to be a little bigger but they claim they do their injectors different some how and don't have that issue guess time will tell. I never had any problems from the 75hp injectors from K&S they have been the most reliable ones and cheapest that I have used so far only been using Rochester for about a month now. 

http://www.reedysdiesel.com/

Never checked mpg. Sometimes you have sacrifice power for mpg. Where I run, it's nothing but hills and valleys. It did increase my egt's and water temps, but still in the safe range. Where you live it is for sure hotter but you don't have the hills to climb (except for overpasses, LOL)

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.