Sign in to follow this  
RowdyRebel

Odd problem...

RowdyRebel    1,845

Trailer brake lights sometimes hang up and stay on.  Brake lights on the truck are off, though...only the trailer lights are staying on.  Hit the brakes with 5-10 psi application   and release quickly and the lights go out like they should.  It's a little frustrating, because unless I'm driving at night I have no clue if the trailer brake lights are on or not...unless I'm on the brakes.  They always come on when I apply the brakes.  They just don't always shut off on the trailer.  If the tractor brake lights were also doing that, I'd say it would likely be the switch on the pedal...but it is ONLY the trailer brake lights acting up.  Is there another switch or relay or something I need to find?  2001 CH613.

Hobert62    583

When I was wiring and plumbing my B I either read or was told some trucks have seperate brake light switches for tractor & trailer.    I don't rember where or who I heard it from.   

Timmyb    604

Do you have led or bulb lights on the truck? I had a similar thing where the trailer brake lights stayed on, only when park lights were on. 

Swishy    762

Disconnect the brake control @ the glad hand n feel/listen for any air in that line wen the trailer is charged up with the supply hose

If n U get my drift

cya

§wishy

Edited by Swishy

david wild    936

trailer brake light switch is sticking, you did not say brand of truck, Pete and KW both have seperate switch, have worked on both  and that was problem. 

david wild    936

so I see you said mack CH613, check with a Mack guru, they will know if it has a split system.