66dc75

2 hours ago, blackdog2 said:

you are what you eat and then sum .....

my ex used to tell me i was an azz hole all the time  :o

and i don't ever remember eating azz hole.  :rolleyes:

Edited by tjc transport
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

When I was in the army the black kid in the bunk next to me had  a jar of pickled pigs feet. I draw the line at that! My dad liked pickled herring known as "roll.mops" that was delicious! My grandfather liked limberger cheese! Grandma made him hang it out the window on a string!

When I was in the army the black kid in the bunk next to me had  a jar of pickled pigs feet. I draw the line at that! My dad liked pickled herring known as "roll.mops" that was delicious! My grandfather liked limberger cheese! Grandma made him hang it out the window on a string!Fxfymn, have you ever eaten ludefisk? I'm sure I spelled it wrong! Traditional Norwegian dish even they say it tastes like s..t! 😁

Lutefisk is nasty!!! Fish cured on the docks in lye, then it takes on the look and texture of jello. Yuck!  Hey Billy is Limburger cheese the same as liverwurst? I like liverwurst about once a year and by the end of the sandwich I remember why I only eat it once a year. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

4 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Wish that was near me. Looks like Mom's cooking. She's 100% Polish

Grand mother, grandfather and 3 aunts came from Poland in 1915, mom was born here in 1917. I grew up on Polish farm cooking and Polish orders mixed with Yankee on pops side. . Potato farmers in Riverhead N.Y.

Probable could send it packed in dry ice.   :0

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

6 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Grand mother, grandfather and 3 aunts came from Poland in 1915, mom was born here in 1917. I grew up on Polish farm cooking and Polish orders mixed with Yankee on pops side. . Potato farmers in Riverhead N.Y.

Probable could send it packed in dry ice.   :0

I think that was about the same time my grandparents came over too

4 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

I think that was about the same time my grandparents came over too

I was alway's told they left ahead of WWI.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

11 hours ago, BillyT said:

When I was in the army the black kid in the bunk next to me had  a jar of pickled pigs feet. I draw the line at that! My dad liked pickled herring known as "roll.mops" that was delicious! My grandfather liked limberger cheese! Grandma made him hang it out the window on a string!

Pickled herring is a food staple in a Scandinavian home. My Dad ate a soft boiled egg and Sil (what Swedes call pickled herring) for breakfast at least a couple of times a week. Also served at Christmas smorgasbord as part of the cold (first) course with hard boiled eggs.

11 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Lutefisk is nasty!!! Fish cured on the docks in lye, then it takes on the look and texture of jello. Yuck!  Hey Billy is Limburger cheese the same as liverwurst? I like liverwurst about once a year and by the end of the sandwich I remember why I only eat it once a year. 

i'm convinced Lutefisk was invented by the Vikings to prove you had the courage to go into battle by eating it since no one could possibly enjoy it as a food.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

18 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

My grandmother died 6 weeks after I was born and my Grandfather passed a couple of years later. I wish I knew more about them.

Never knew my grandfather, he died in the mid 1930's Baka lived until 1967, her sister lived until 1970 than I inherited the farm so to speak. Miss the special holiday meals a lot. Polish side is the  Stazweski, Dubiki and Kazinski's. Last was supposed to be Polish aristocrats. Never could find out.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 9/20/2017 at 3:50 PM, HeavyGunner said:

In the small dive bars in Montana I've found lots of pickled foods behind the bar and love 'em.  Pickled eggs, pigs feet, peppers and sausages to name a few. 

Yeah, they're good. I've eaten pigs feets and liked them, thought it was delicious in fact. I had been drankin' that day, and I haven't eaten them since. But they were good at the time, I was at a turkey shoot and you could get a pigs foot and two slices of bread for 50 cents. And I used to make my own pickled eggs, just saved pickled beet juice, dill pickle juice, added some hot sauce,fill jar with hard boiled eggs. They were way better than the ones you buy. And fried Spam and eggs- I could eat that every day!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.