Sign in to follow this  
j hancock

WHAT IS THAT SMELL!

Hobert62    549
13 hours ago, fxfymn said:

I don't think anyone is still using any corrosive liquids to fill tires. 

The only problem with a weight box is it tends to diminish the front wheel traction by lifting it, but it does increase overall traction on the rear wheels. I use a weight box on my BX because I was just too cheap to buy wheel weights and I don't fill the tires since it's main job is cutting grass and I don't want the extra weight on the lawn.

What really made a difference for me was placing the blade directly on the tractor instead of placing it on the loader bucket. The loader made it so long that the blade became a lever that just pushed the tractor around. Every time I stopped in slick conditions the tractor would just slide side to side instead of moving forward until I lifted the blade. I found it pretty hard to plow snow with the blade up in the air, so I had to make a change to my set up.

What plow setup do you have on your BX?     I have a BX2360 and would like a plow just haven't decided what yet.    My rear tires are filled with windshield washer fluid and I have wheel weights as well.    

fxfymn    1,092
10 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

What plow setup do you have on your BX?     I have a BX2360 and would like a plow just haven't decided what yet.    My rear tires are filled with windshield washer fluid and I have wheel weights as well.    

I don't use the BX for much of anything but cutting grass, but I do put a box on it and the loader on if the weather liars are calling for a heavy snow. It works pretty well to clear the sidewalks around the house. The plow is set up on the L4660. 

But I have thought about what I'd do if I wanted a plow on the BX. I would think it could push a 60" blade as long as it was set up to be hooked directly to the tractor. Used blades are pretty easy to come by and you can use the loader valve to lift and swing the blade very easily.

• Like 1

Red Horse    664

Back to the subject of calcium cholride, I had a 1989 755   Deere that I sold to a family member- calcium loaded and still going strong 28 years later on original rims.  Also had a 3320 that was loaded and my 4720 is loaded.  I was told once by a tire "professional" that the key to using calcium is you have to fill so rim surface is constantly submerged. 

That means fill must be at say 10/11 o'clock or 1/2.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:28 AM, BillyT said:

Isn't beet juice water based? You would think the oxygen in the water would rust( oxidize) the wheels? Maybe the beet ingredient absorbs the oxygen.Anybody know? 

I'd hit the circuit of local truck shops and confiscate their used coolant. We almost had enough to fill a wood boiler system at my house, but ultimately some oil gets in the mix. It's not perfectly clean.    

• Like 1